Graphical ISO manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical ISO manager

I'm new to Daemon so this is possibly something that has been solved many times over.

However ...

I've made an ISO image of all my daughter's (4 yrs) educational games. She is quite comfortable changing CDs etc. but as they always get scratched I wanted to have them on the PC instead.

I'm looking for some sort of program that can give her an overview of all the games she has (as ISO files) with a picture of each of the disks. Once she clicks on the picture I want the ISO file to mount and start playing.

I'm aware of DaemonScript but that is only one half of the solution. Does anyone know of a program that can take care of the graphical side?

TIA

Are desktop shortcuts (created with DaemonScript) not good enough?

You could also create a map on your desktop with all the shortcuts in it, and change the settings of that directory so it shows big icons.

Comment

If you're running DT 3.47, daemonui is a good iso manager.
      If you're using DT 4.00+, there's nutting at the moment...
      Carpe diem

Comment

Yup, pretty nifty although it doesn't seem to allow you to associate a picture with an ISO image (4 year olds prefer to
        browse pictures rather than lists of text!).

Cheers

Comment

Er... what you're asking does not exist atm...
          Carpe diem

Comment

hello. i've read about your problem and begun to write a program just for you. :wink:

i'll reply, when it's done.

greetings g31

Edit: I hope icons of 48x48 pixel are enough.
            Last edited by g31; 22.03.2006, 20:55.
            no way to hav phun wth sciendz

Comment

Originally Posted by g31
              hello. i've read about your problem and begun to write a program just for you. :wink:

i'll reply, when it's done.

greetings g31

Edit: I hope icons of 48x48 pixel are enough.
              Sounds great! 48x48 does sound a bit small? My view would be to scan the CD or the cover from the CD box so maybe 150x150 or is there a technical limiation?

Comment

Originally Posted by NicolaiL
                Sounds great! 48x48 does sound a bit small? My view would be to scan the CD or the cover from the CD box so maybe 150x150 or is there a technical limiation?
                There is no technical limitation at all. I had not exspected that you want to have such big pictures, but know i can imagine how this application should look like.

Comment

Wow, what service! Ask about a program and someone replies that you should standby while they write it for you.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Edit: I should program a game. Suggestions?
                    The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

@NicolaiL

pre pre pre... version (no functions included yet)

is this something your daughter could manage? ... except the settings.

notice: you will get a message that your settings are corrupted, because you can not save any settings yet. there many buttons without any functions, because it's a first "just to look"-pre-version. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by g31
                        @NicolaiL

pre pre pre... version (no functions included yet)

is this something your daughter could manage? ... except the settings.

notice: you will get a message that your settings are corrupted, because you can not save any settings yet. there many buttons without any functions, because it's a first "just to look"-pre-version. :wink:
                        Well done! That's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of. I like the layout and the one click ability.

Already looking forward to next version ...

Comment

just reporting status..

I'm still working on it.

I hope the other suggestions by some people from the board are a good solution for you at first, because it will take a while to finish my project to my complete satisfaction.

greets

Comment

Originally Posted by g31
                            I'm still working on it.

I hope the other suggestions by some people from the board are a good solution for you at first, because it will take a while to finish my project to my complete satisfaction.

greets
                            Sure. If you're anything like me sparetime for hobbies is way down the list ....

Comment

Is this interface still available? The link no longer works, but I need something like this as well for my kids. My 2 year old has a hard time mounting images and this looks like just the utility she needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X