Sims 2 Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sims 2 Help!!

Hi guys!! I really need your help...I'm new at this thing of games and I just bought the game Sims 2. I don't like to insert my cd everytime i want to play, i don't want to scratch it or something. I've trying to made a back up....I've tried to use this program daemon tool, and also alcohol 120 %, but i don't even know where to start...I hope you cant help me, because I really don't want to finisht with my cd game all scratched...thanks

Check that you're using the latest versions of Daemon Tools (v4.03) and Alcohol 120% (v1.9.5.3823).

Find out what copy protection the game is protected with using A-Ray Scanner (google!), then start Alcohol's Image Creation Wizard, selecting the right profile (in this case SafeDisc 2/3).

After the image has been created, mount it in Daemon Tools. Should you run into problems, check the following:

If you still can't solve your problems, please tell us exactly what error you get.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I tried the way you told me....thanks for that, but its not working ....It says "The Sims 2 has encountered a problem and needs to be closed"...These are the numbers that i found in the screen

AppName: sims2.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1022 ModName: ~df394b.tmp
      ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0008e86b

I'm making an image of the original cd just as you told me...I hope you can help me...thanks...

Comment

This does not sound like a copy protection issue, more like a problem with the game crashing. Try patching Sims 2 to the latest version (if you haven't already). Do you get the same error if you try running it from the original disc?

Comment

Thanks for helping me....I did run it with the original cd....it was just after i deleted the Daemon software that it did let me run it....It didn't let me before that....

Comment

Am I getting this right, it wouldn't work with the original CD as long as Daemon Tools was installed?

Comment

You're right....right now i'm using the game because i deleted daemon from my computer...

This is exactly what i did...
              1. Installed the game with the original cds
              2. Installed Alcohol 120 and then Daemon
              3. Made Image from the disc #1
              4. Mounted the image in daemon
              5. Tried to play without the original cd and it didn't work
              6. Erase daemon and alcohol and it works...I'm playing with the original cd installed.

I downloaded the patch from the sims page to update it, but it says that the game is already up to date....

Do I have to do everything again?
              what am i doing wrong?

thanks for your help and for your attention..

Atte. Karlos Rodriguez

Comment

I don't see where the problem is. This weekend, I'll get Sims 2 and see if I can create a working image from it. Sorry I cannot be of more help for now.

Comment

Sims 2 works like a charm on DT 4.x. All you have todo is to turn off the safedisk emulation and run the game again. Then the game should start fine without the *tmp file error. The Error exist only on x86 version on Sims 2, University EP, Nightlife EP. On the New Open for Buisness there the bug never show up, with and without sd emulation.

here is my Thread about Sims 2 Problems. Follow me
                  You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                  sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by karliyox
                    Hi guys!! I really need your help...I'm new at this thing of games and I just bought the game Sims 2. I don't like to insert my cd everytime i want to play, i don't want to scratch it or something. I've trying to made a back up....I've tried to use this program daemon tool, and also alcohol 120 %, but i don't even know where to start...I hope you cant help me, because I really don't want to finisht with my cd game all scratched...thanks
                    yu have tu make a virtual cd and then yu can play without acd

Comment

Error message

Hey, im trying to play the sims 2 on this computer and it doesn't work when im opening the sims 2 withe the cd image mounted it shows up a box error with nothing written, except for the name of the game on the top, a red cross on the middle and the OK button at bottom.

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Luis\Ambiente de trabalho[/IMG]

On the laptop of a friend of mine i followed the same steps and the game was working perfectlly.

Comment

You should upload the image to imageshack and not link to your computer ^^
                        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

I don't know how to us imageshak, and ive used this image on other computers and it was working perfectlly, anyway ill do the securom

Comment

What do you mean, make a virtual CD? See, everytime I try to play one version of the Sims it say "You are running the wrong version. Please play Sims Glamour Stuff."

What do I do?

Comment

Make a virtual CD means you have to create an image of your physical disk.
                              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X