Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does D-Tools 3.33 ENABLE XP's integrated CD Burning thingie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does D-Tools 3.33 ENABLE XP's integrated CD Burning thingie??

Hi. I was a happy user up to D-Tools 3.29 when last night I decided to upgrade to v3.33. Soon after I tried to use my CD-RW's, which were formatted w. Nero's InCD (I also have Nero Burning ROM installed, of course). Everything was messed up until I looked at the properties of my burner (right-click on the driver->Properties) and in the Recorder tab, XP's integrated UDF-thingie was enabled. Now it looks like I'll have to reformat the RWs sometime when I have time to copy the stuff to my HD first. Does anyone have the problem?
    I'm on a pale blue dot.

If you run services.msc, you can disable IMAPI burning service, which will disable xp's cd wrecking software.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      If you run services.msc, you can disable IMAPI burning service, which will disable xp's cd wrecking software.
      If only I knew! Actually, I had set it to manual, but I suspect strongly that D-Tools v3.33 activated it on my RW drive. Of course, I could be mistaken on this sort of which-installation-messed-it-up puzzles, but I don't recall doing anything before the install. It's a problem not seen in previous versions.
      I'm on a pale blue dot.

Comment

Windows has a habit of enabling 'features' (I call em bugs) without asking. For example, automatic updates will turn itself on after some updates (sp1, f.e.).

Comment

Which is true! I found that yesterday, too. OK, guess I blamed the wrong ppl...Thanks for the prompt responses.
          I'm on a pale blue dot.

Comment

Working...
          X