EVERYTHING related to "Star Wars: Empire at War" goes in HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by masteryoda34
    After patching EaW to version 1.04 my CureRom 2 profile still works absolutly fine.
    Can you give us the specifications of your profile?

Comment

• CureRom Settings

Originally Posted by MiSP
      Can you give us the specifications of your profile?
      Yeah, no problem. These are all under CureRom 2.0.1

First settings screen.

Notice that I have it launch the actuall game exe, not just the launcher.

Second setting screen.

I just mount my image in Daemon Tools before I click my shortcut. I don't like to have CureRom mount the image EVERY time. My Daemon Tools settings are as follows.

Daemon Tools v4.03
      All Emulation settings off.
      Only thing checked in the options menu is automount.

Also, I would recommend closing the Daemon Tools tray icon before starting the game.

That should work. I just tested mine out again to be sure and it works good. It does take like 30 seconds to load up though. Yet still better than putting in the CD everytime. If it still doesn't work tell us what the error message says or what happens.

And yes, I AM using the 1.04 patch.

Comment

• How come???

Now I can't even start SW:EAW 1.04 with the original cd if I have any virtual drive in DT 4.03.

However, if I revert back to DT 3.47 and have any virtual drive, the game is able to start with the original cd even with patch 1.04. Can anyone tell me what's happening?

Comment

• hey guys... Empire at War now works (I've got the DVD German Version)

The only thing I did was the following:

I made a NEW image with my Toshiba M1712... but with different settings:

The first image, which didn't work, was made with 1x DPM Measurement, High accuracy.

The 2nd image which WORKS, was made with 8x DPM Measurement, high accuracy.

Now it works great with CureROM 2.0.2!

If it is LEGAL, I could upload my DPM Data file...

Comment

• Originally Posted by masteryoda34
            Yeah, no problem. These are all under CureRom 2.0.1

[snippage]

That should work. I just tested mine out again to be sure and it works good. It does take like 30 seconds to load up though. Yet still better than putting in the CD everytime. If it still doesn't work tell us what the error message says or what happens.

And yes, I AM using the 1.04 patch.
            Well, I did exactly what you wrote (used your profile settings, mounted the image manually, closed the Dtools tray icon), and I got "Please insert original disc instead of a backup (1000)." ....

Dammit. Been waiting months to get this working.

Anyone else get this to work?

CC

Comment

• "Please insert original disc" means the image is bad. You need to recreate the image.

Comment

• And use a lower DPM reading speed. I use a reading speed of around 4-10x to dump the DPM of my SW - EAW discs. For me, 10x works perfectly for me. Note,this is for the CD version. For the DVD version, use one of the highest or the highest speeds possible.

EDIT: Added a clarification for DVD versions.
                Last edited by Sir Camehan; 10.07.2006, 09:36.

Comment

• but bear in mind, you must distinguish between CD and DVD.

If you own a CD, you should use a low DPM reading speed.

Extracting DPM of DVDs should be done at high speeds (for example, 8x works perfectly with my Toshiba M1712)
                  Last edited by the_noxier; 10.07.2006, 09:36.

Comment

• Hi,

No solutions provided so far using CureROM worked for me to get v1.04 of sweaw working.

However, earlier in the thread some fellow had posted a solution involving the use of an "anti-blacklisting fix". It is listed under third party downloads as Securom Loader v1.2.

Simply put the asr.exe in the Gamedata directory, launch it, select sweaw.exe (also in Gamedata directory). You're done! Works like a charm. At the time I also had the image mounted, but DT tray icon closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X