EVERYTHING related to "Star Wars: Empire at War" goes in HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Empire at War v1.3

Anyone got this working yet? It keeps detecting the emulator.

Comment

Star Wars Empire at War Problem

Hey guys... Just wondering if any one can help me, when i load the game it starts up and shows the first screen then it will blink and shut down? Help much appretiated.

Comment

EVERYTHING related to "Star Wars: Empire at War" goes in HERE

As there are now five threads about EaW in this forum alone, I will merge them here. Please post about EaW in this thread only.

We already know that there are problems with the patch to v1.03, it appears not to run with Daemon Tools anymore. Rest assured that we're working on this.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
          As there are now five threads about EaW in this forum alone, I will merge them here. Please post about EaW in this thread only.

We already know that there are problems with the patch to v1.03, it appears not to run with Daemon Tools anymore. Rest assured that we're working on this.
          Im guessing sd4hide will bypass this myself, but isnt the main arguemtn against detecting emulators that it loses sales in the first few weeks/months? why update a protection soley to stop people playing backups this late? pointless! All it means is a small update to Dtools, no more sales have been made because of this and many customers have been parped off.

Comment

People at SecuROM need to realize one thing: They can't beat a whole community. Some people will always find a way around their lame blacklistings, no matter how hard they try to avoid it.
            How many anti-blacklisting tools already exist? All it takes is an update for one of them and SecuROM is beaten again.
            I bet it won't take a week before we can play this game again from an image

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
              First of all, dont Doublepost. The new Posts and Threads are moderated until you have 20 Posts.

I will install the game and take a look on it.
              Thanks, I've tried everything. AntiSecurom, Curerom, unplugging my IDE drives, nothing works.

Comment

Let's keep the discussion on topic please. People are having problems with this game, and it doesn't help them if this thread is driven off topic with a discussion about the justification of copy protections in general.

They exist, they get updated, and yes, they are a nuisance. But there's not much we can do about that, so please don't abuse every thread about new protections to express your feelings about them. If you really need to discuss that (again), please do so in a separate thread in the Copy Protections forum.
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

...failure confirmed

Well, i simply confirm that SR7.Stop, CureROM and SecuROM (all with latest versions) just failed to load the EaW 1.03.........no matter that i made a new image (about an hour) with the latest Alcohol 1.9.5.3823 (i have the DVD version) and DPM High Precision at x2 speed.

The good point is that i can still modify the .xml/.text files for a mod im working on (Empire at War: Total Realism), yet, now im working "blindly"...

So, is this true that SecuROM updated their protection files or there's something else in the middle? As i said in another message for EaW, the first "sympton" that something wasn't going right was the big scanning time (the SecuROM cursor was spinning way too long).

Fortunately, EaW did not use StarForce

Comment

...guys, still no solution?? This DVD will start getting scratched...

At least can anyone confirm the cause of the problem? Is is SecuROM update?

Comment

Has anyone tried burning the image to a disc with BlindWrite?

Comment

Theres nothing at all you are gonna be able to do as users to get around this

Gonna have to start putting that org disc at risk and use it

Comment

Yeah, the patched version doesn't even start.

Have others been able to get online play working with disk images? Even with my unpatched version I couldn't ever make that work.

Comment

I am using Curerom 1.2.2 or something. Need to try the newest version. Also, Curerom 2 should be released in coming days

Comment

Originally Posted by xate
                              I am using Curerom 1.2.2 or something. Need to try the newest version. Also, Curerom 2 should be released in coming days
                              I hope so. My problem (apart from putting the disc into the "scratch" disk and have to re-pay 50 euros) is that i have only one DVD-RW drive and one StarForce protected game (Trackmania eXtreme). Since now, it didn't bother me Trackmania to be constantly in the drive (since i don't burn many cd/dvds), but now it's really a problem since EaW want the drive madly too

Comment

The dvd drive is not supposed to scratch your discs you know? Probably time to replace your dvd drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X