No announcement yet.

EVERYTHING related to "Star Wars: Empire at War" goes in HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the solution to making the unpatched version work, or don't you know that either

GreetZ DePeer

Comment

Originally Posted by depeer
      what is the solution to making the unpatched version work, or don't you know that either

GreetZ DePeer
      AntiSecuROM (securom loader from the d-load section) and CureROM will work. You need a good image (mds/mdf) with DPM Info.
      Last edited by AnalCobra; 24.03.2006, 19:29.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Is CureROM coming version making EaW (and all games with latest SecuROM protection) play without the disc? And when is it coming? Any answer wold be welcome....

Comment

There will be a new version of CureROM (2.0) soon. But i don't know if it'll work with EaW v.1.03 but i think so.
          But CureROM works with all other Safedisk and Securom protected games. All youe need is a good image (for Securom an image with DPM).
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

CureROM 1.3.1 and 2.0 should work fine with SW:EaW 1.03...
            I have tested it...
            You just need a good image(Alcohol 120%)... it does work...
            Mail:
            curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

CureRom and SW Empire At War

So what is the secret? I have CureRom 1.3.1 and a good CD image. It has worked with the previous patches (up to 1.02), but when I launch the profile, I get the "A Required Security Module cannot be activated..." message.

What steps did you go through to get it to work?

Thanks!

Comment

Great. As for the image file (from the DVD version), the first one ive made (prior 1.03) was very good with 4x High Precision DPM; after 1.03 i made a new image, with the latest Alcohol 120% version (they said they improved the emulation from DVDs) and with 2x High Precision DPM.

So, from my side i think im done

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0
                  CureROM 1.3.1 and 2.0 should work fine with SW:EaW 1.03...
                  I have tested it...
                  You just need a good image(Alcohol 120%)... it does work...
                  Right and what do you mean by good image? What settings?

Comment

The "required security module" error means SecuROM has blacklisted CureROM. You get the same error when SR7.stop is running.
                    But it seems that only the main program is blacklisted, and not CureROM Lite.

Comment

For me it is not working either. I made a fresh new DVD Image with 2xHIGH DPM measurement. Applied it with curerom. Security module couldn't be loaded. That's pretty bad...

Comment

Yeah they have blacklisted "CureROM.exe" just rename it... then modify your profiles for the renamed executable...

Right and what do you mean by good image? What settings?
                        Your DPM is not good enough for the latest update of SecuROM... Remake you image in Alcohol 120%... "SecuROM *New (4.x/5.x)" Profile should work fine... with "2x High Precision DPM"...
                        Mail:

Comment

Yeah they have blacklisted "CureROM.exe" just rename it... then modify your profiles for the renamed executable...
                          ??? Could you elaborate a bit more please? Because i thought you just said that CureRom 1.3.1 can actually run EaW 1.03...

Comment

1.) Go to the directory where you installed CureROM (default: "C:\Program Files\CureROM\").
                            2.) Locate the file named "CureROM.exe".
                            3.) Rename "CureROM.exe" to "12345.exe".
                            4.) run "12345.exe", re-register your file associations... (CureROM will prompt you about the file associations).
                            5.) While in "CureROM - Profile Wzard" select your profile for editing.
                            6.) Click "Next", "Next"... "Save", "Finish" to resave your profile...
                            7.) Run your updated Shortcut...
                            10¾.) Wait for CureROM 2.0... it'll be out soon... so you don't have to do the above...
                            Mail:

Comment

Your DPM is not good enough for the latest update of SecuROM... Remake you image in Alcohol 120%... "SecuROM *New (4.x/5.x)" Profile should work fine... with "2x High Precision DPM"...
                              I am not able to select the Securom NEW (4.x,5.x) profile when i select my dvd drive. How can i select it otherwise ?

Comment

10ѕ.) Wait for CureROM 2.0... it'll be out soon... so you don't have to do the above...
                                Sure ill download it when it's out, but till then i can give this solution a try. I was using SR7.Stop at the beginning, but CureROM is more handy; start the program with a single icon clicking - like you do when game disc is in drive- it less hasle than hiding/restoring drives (although it's quite simple).

One thing about CureROM, it would be helpful if you could implement the "help bubbles" that many programs have (when you move the cursor over a word/icon, a bubble pops up saying some helpful info)....i was a bit confused with the "Application Arguments" entry, that's why (i left it blank anyway).

Comment

Working...
                                X