No announcement yet.

EVERYTHING related to "Star Wars: Empire at War" goes in HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used sYko's method of renaming curerom to smthing else and although i didnt get the "Security module couldn't be loaded" error i got the "emulation software detected"..

used both 1.3b and 1.31.

wtf?

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0
      1.) Go to the directory where you installed CureROM (default: "C:\Program Files\CureROM\").
      2.) Locate the file named "CureROM.exe".
      3.) Rename "CureROM.exe" to "12345.exe".
      4.) run "12345.exe", re-register your file associations... (CureROM will prompt you about the file associations).
      5.) While in "CureROM - Profile Wzard" select your profile for editing.
      6.) Click "Next", "Next"... "Save", "Finish" to resave your profile...
      7.) Run your updated Shortcut...
      10ѕ.) Wait for CureROM 2.0... it'll be out soon... so you don't have to do the above...
      I followed your steps and now I receive the "conflict with emulator software has been detected" error.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? I am using a good image, Daemon tools 4.03HE, and CureRom.

Comment

Same thing happened to me too...

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Comment

Yup Looks Like STPD.sys is blacklisted which means DT nor alcohol work

Comment

I think you are wrong sneakbyte.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Works!

I've been able to run this game using a way, and have run it successfully 5 times in a row.

I used:
              Newest CureROM
              SecuRomLoader
              DT 4.03HE

I took my images of SWEAW (there were 2, one large, one very small)
              I took the large one and mounted it in DT
              Then I installed off of that

Unmounted, Closed DT.

Then, I loaded CureRom LITE*** LITE is not blacklisted I guess

Then I loaded up DT, and mounted an image on one virtual and mounted the other image on another (you can load up to 4 virtuals through DT).

Then I used SecuRomLoader, aka AntiSecuROM, and opened the following file:
              ProgramFiles/LucasArts/Star Wars Empire At War/GameData/sweaw

It takes about 30s, and then SWEAW finally opens, but I did not try to patch SWEAW, nor will I try.

***Also I did that thing were you change CureROM's name to 12345.exe but I'm not sure if that helped, you can look at some earlier posts that show you how to do that.

Hope this fixes the issue for some. Not sure if this is the same problem people were having.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dyckle
                ...but I did not try to patch SWEAW, nor will I try.
                The problem is with 1.03 patch. The 2 previous patches (1.01 and 1.02) could play normally with a good image loaded at DT or Alcohol and CureROM and SR7.Stop.

Now the game won't launch: "Emulation program detected".

Comment

any news from the front?

Comment

but I did not try to patch SWEAW, nor will I try.
                    Getting EaW to run from an image before the patch never was really a problem. However, the 1.03 patch updated Securom. The information you just provided is not really anything new. (and doesnt help with the 1.03 patch problem either)

Comment

any progress with this prob?

at least has anyone found out what is blacklisted in this updated securom version?

someone mentioned that dtscsi.sys, sptd.sys or sptdxxxx.sys may be blacklisted. i'll try renaming these and updating the registry on my next reboot but i dont think it'll even boot the drivers..

@ Athanasios : patriwtis?

Comment

Originally Posted by sinister_evil
                        any news from the front?
                        I guess the battle is fierce and merciless

Well, i can play with my dvd disk both online and single player, but with one disk you cant play LAN...unless i go buy another copy (50 euros this is...)

Comment

Originally Posted by Athanasios
                          ...but I did not try to patch SWEAW, nor will I try.
                          The problem is with 1.03 patch. The 2 previous patches (1.01 and 1.02) could play normally with a good image loaded at DT or Alcohol and CureROM and SR7.Stop.

Now the game won't launch: "Emulation program detected".
                          I use A120% and CurROM 1.2. I'll get the same "Emulation program detected" on the first run, but succeeds on the second try. Seems to shoot 50/50 for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by DrWhistler
                            I use A120% and CurROM 1.2. I'll get the same "Emulation program detected" on the first run, but succeeds on the second try. Seems to shoot 50/50 for me.
                            We can't be based on random solutions. There are hundreds of reasons due to each system specs that a game might work or not. We target for the "mass" that can't play with 1.03 patch.

Comment

22.03.2006, 14:37
                              People at SecuROM need to realize one thing: They can't beat a whole community.
                              How many anti-blacklisting tools already exist? All it takes is an update for
                              one of them and SecuROM is beaten again. I bet it won't take a week before we
                              can play this game again from an image

hm, dont panic!

Comment

Originally Posted by [yates]
                                hm, dont panic!
                                We don't panic, yet, it's over a week without news....not a single reply that "yes, i made 1.03 work!!"

@sinister_evil: Nai, mail exeis;

Comment

Working...
                                X