No announcement yet.

EVERYTHING related to "Star Wars: Empire at War" goes in HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I patched EAW with 1.03 and have been having the same problems as everyone else. I found a temporary workaround to play it with patch 1.02 without reinstalling EAW.

1. Go to Start-> run
    2. Type "regedit"
    3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\1.0\
    4. Double-click the bottom key (it should say "Revision")
    5. In the "Base" option, choose "decimal" instead of "hexadecimal"
    6. In the "Value data" text entry box, change the value from "10103" to 10101"
    7. Close the registry
    8. Navigate to the "Gamedata" subfolder in EAW.
    9. Launch the 1.02 patch

It will then replace the 1.03 patch with the 1.02 patch. If you do not have the 1.02 patch, download it here:

If followed exactly, EAW should work.

Looking forward to the next release of DT and Curerom...

Comment

Originally Posted by NateB2
      I patched EAW with 1.03 and have been having the same problems as everyone else. I found a temporary workaround to play it with patch 1.02 without reinstalling EAW.

1. Go to Start-> run
      2. Type "regedit"
      3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\1.0\
      4. Double-click the bottom key (it should say "Revision")
      5. In the "Base" option, choose "decimal" instead of "hexadecimal"
      6. In the "Value data" text entry box, change the value from "10103" to 10101"
      7. Close the registry
      8. Navigate to the "Gamedata" subfolder in EAW.
      9. Launch the 1.02 patch

It will then replace the 1.03 patch with the 1.02 patch. If you do not have the 1.02 patch, download it here:

If followed exactly, EAW should work.

Looking forward to the next release of DT and Curerom...

Yep worked to a tee thxs mate... I too am looking forwrd to the next DT/Curerom with sweaty palms LOL

Comment

yes it works normally with me... i' mean with patch 1.2

Comment

Yep. 1.02 patch works for me. Haven't tried with 1.03.

Also, in case you don't know how to set up your curerom v1.3.1 (for use with DT 4) profile (just being helpful):

Start up Curerom.

Page 1.
          Have the location of sweaw.exe in the Application field. Have CureROM Anti-Blacklist Measures (Enabled). In the Options, under Curerom Settings -> Third-Party Virtual ... : Make sure "Do not display Daemon Tools ..." is TICKED. Click Apply. Then Close. Then click Next.

Page 2. Image mounting software should be "I do not want ... " Then click Next.

Page 3. Click Next

Page 4. Click Finish.

Now all you have to do is load the image into DT4 FIRST, then double click the shortcut that is just created via Curerom.

Note, even with this method, you may have to try clicking the shortcut a couple of times - cause it may come up with "Original disc could not be found or authenticated" (no need to re-mount in DT4 though). You should not, however, get a warning about an emulator running.
          Last edited by darth; 06.04.2006, 19:32.

Comment

Originally Posted by Soldier05
            ay i also have a problem the game will load up and show the first screen, then it will blink and shut off any ideas?
            Did you get to solve this issue? Is this problem related to the use of an image instead of the original DVD?

Comment

So there's still no way to make it work with 1.03?

Comment

Originally Posted by klosterdev
                So there's still no way to make it work with 1.03?
                Nope. Hopefully the next version of CureRom will be out soon.

Comment

Well, looking at the curerom website it looks like Curerom 2.0 will be coming out soon.

Perhaps when it does it might fix the issue that the 1.03 patch has created.

Comment

I have EaW working with the v1.03 patch.

you have to change the compatiablity mode on the "sweaw.exe" file to Windows 2000.

I have this working on my home system, laptop and work system.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jazkal
                      I have EaW working with the v1.03 patch.

you have to change the compatiablity mode on the "sweaw.exe" file to Windows 2000.

I have this working on my home system, laptop and work system.
                      Can you explain the steps you took. So we can try it at home too.

thx

Comment

no does not work for me with compability set to win2000 and curerom 1.3.1. still get emulation software detected error.

what hiding/antiblacklist/antisecurom software do you use?

Comment

I installed the game, ran it off the CD up till and including v1.02. (got a scratch on the CD, so I wanted to run off an image).

I used DaemonTools v4.03 and antisecurom (pulled from this sites download page).

It worked fine for me on v1.02, then I upgraded to v1.03 and had problems. Searched this site and found out about the Win2k Compatibility mode fix. Tried that and am now working fine.

I have seen in other posts that some game software protection (from other games) will cause this issue. Not sure on this because I don't have the problem to troubleshoot.

Comment

Oke here it comes

ok i am watching the forums a little bit and i see that you are all having trouble with this game thats why i am going to help you.

first of all i need you people to download some things
                            here is what you must do

1)go to the download section of the site and go to 3th party addons.

2)download securom viewer 1.1 NEW VERSION (its antisecurom)
                            dont run the file just save it cuz we need it later.

3)next download DAEMONSCRIPT 1.6.0
                            and install it.

now it may get hard.

4)copy antisecurom and the dll file to the gamedata folder in star wars empire at war.

5)run DAEMONSCRIPT (automaticly starts with new script)

6)click mount in the bottom of the screen.

7)Mount your image and set it to device 0.

8)click on runapp in the bottom of the screen and browse in exetable for the antisecurom exe you copied earlier.

9)at parameters enter -r sweaw.exe

10)and at startup diretiory the place whre you installed empire at war default is C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData

11)click on delay on the bottom of the screen and set it to 1000 ms

12)next click on waitforapp in the bottom of the screen and enter in application sweaw.exe set timeout to 0 and click on wait for application to be terminated.

13)click on unmount.

14)save the script. (DONT EXIT YET)

15)click on shortcut and set everything correct (its important that your shortcut has the empire at war emblem.

thats it hope you enjoy the game its a great 1
                            I bring MVP's to there knees any mothafucka wanna PVP with me

Comment

Worked, then didnt, then worked now won't ever

Hey everyone

Not sure if this is relevent but I tried all the methods. First the antisecurom thing worked perfectly. Except when i exited for the first time and tried to get back in, i got the error again. I turned off PowerISO's virtual drives and reduced Daemon Tools down to one drive and it worked again. Except this time when i exited it for a second time, its doing the same thing again. Conflict with Emulation software. Makes me regret not keeping the real disc in a case. Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks

Comment

Well Jazkal you MUST have a very special rig cause i tried youre recomendations for 2 hours trying different setups after youre original "i got my to work with 1.03" to no avail

Fr33-plAya does this setup of youres work with 1.03?? thxs

Comment

Working...
                                X