Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPTP64.sys Blue screening my machine

This just started?

I've had daemon tools installed for a while now if i try to run it or uninstall it it blue screens the machine. I've fought all night with the machine to figure out what the heck was happning and now I've narrowed it down to this.

Anyone have problems with this before?

THanks,

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 47 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~2411 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-E ACPI BIOS Revision 1008, 22/08/2005
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale Canada
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 1.58 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 3.35 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

from a google search of pptp64.sys, it seems like youve got a virus. do a virus scan, see if you find anything. also find the file (usually in windows\system32\drivers), and check to properties to see if it registered to any company.

Comment

Try with Spybot Search & Destroy or similar. look if you know how in the windows registry and eliminate it, but before remove it from memory.
      Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

Thats what I though when I did a google.. Did a trendmicro house call scan last night found a few trojans and spyware stuff removed them restarted did another scan and it's clear but if I try to run damon tools or even uninstall it it blue screens.

Not sure what I should do now..

Also can't find the pptp64.sys file anywhere on my system.

Comment

In Explorer (not Internet Explorer), go to Tools -> Folder Options and then click the View tab. Under that, check "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system files". Hit OK and then look again.

Comment

Working...
          X