Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: best .iso maker thingy

Default best .iso maker thingy

what is a good program to make .iso files from cd\dvd? 1 that is practicaly idiot proof and free.

Fizzbane

Default ...

There is no free image making program that can extract DPM from a disc (this is important for many protections).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Experienced User

Nero is able to make iso... but is not free.
    UltraIso is a tool I do like when I have to manipulate iso... by the way, it's not free (29.95 US$ if i remember well)
    There are maybe free iso making tools under windows... but I dunno them.
    By the way, if you're not sticked to windows, there are good tools under linux, like k3b.
    Carpe diem

i have nero, can that extract DPM?? and if so how do i use nero to make .iso files, ive only ever used ddump and it broke down on my pc and it doesnt work for dvds i hear, so what is an easy .iso creater program for a reasonable cost??.....thx for the help!

No, Nero can't extract such DPM-infos, sorry

but if a disc didnt have DMPs, could i use nero to create an .iso file?? and if so how? thx u

Nero cant read the DPM, but if you dont need the DPM (maybe you got a software cd and no game cd, basically the cd has no protection) then you can use nero.
    For protected games you need to use e.g. Alcohol120% in order to get a working image.

i hear alot about alcohol 120%, is it that good? is it worth $50, and is it easy to use, i dont like programs i actualy gotta read a manual on, i am too lazy and just wanna game. Is there a better program out there for a cheaper price?? any help is much appriciated, thank you.

Experienced User

The best way to know that is to get the trial version...
    Carpe diem

@Fizzbane
    Cheapest solution for software on DVD that needs D.P.M. to be emulated successful:

- create ISO with DVD Decrypter (Mode/ISO->Read) and rename from Imagename.ISO to Imagename.MDF
    - download the matching MDS file (including D.P.M. information) from e.g. copybase.ch, rename to Imagename.MDS and move/copy it to your MDF file
    - mount in DT's virtual drive
    Last edited by Terramex : 07.08.2006 at 15:06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast