Clear All

Re: Command Prompt

you type it into the black command line window
    Start Menu, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

It worked for me!!

Thanks Arni!! I ran the tet from a command line rebooted and registered extension from shortcut!! (can't open 'about' extension though)

Comment

Having the same issue myself, followed g31's guide to fix this, but it still comes up with try turning off secure mode (when it is off) :/

Comment

Re: fsutil and short file names

Originally Posted by theo. t.
          there are still only short named folders
          Having NTFS generate short file names (8.3 style) is the goal! You want to see the "~1"

Can you provide a screenshot?
          Last edited by Underheaven; 09.05.2006, 09:37.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

mh, the "~1" is there, but still doesn't work

Comment

Try to get the DAEMON Tools folder to be listed as ~1. This probably involves a lot of deleting and recreating.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

now it is "~1" but aniworx still could load .dll
                damn

Comment

I'm running out of ideas . Did you uninstall DAEMON Tools and install it to that new folder and delete all the files from the folder DAEMON Tools was previously installed in? Did you uninstall and reinstall AwxDTools? Maybe there's an aniworx registry entry that needs to be deleted.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

mh, searching the registry is a good idea
                    thx

Comment

I got it to work on Windows XP 64

I am running Windows XP 64 bit edition and I was having the same problem with awxDTools not registering. I tried formatting and reinstalling windows but I kept getting the same error. I also tried the other solutions in this thread but they did not work for me. Below is what resolved the daemon.dll issue for me.

Solution:
                      Download and install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" yes the 32 bit version not the 64 bit version (Google it. It should be the first hit). The name of the file is vcredist_x86.exe

Reason:
                      It seems that the installer lays down only the 64 bit version of C++ files but the x86 or 32 bit version is needed too.

How I figured it out:
                      I double checked the event viewer Start \ Settings \ Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Event Viewer \ System Logs and I saw 3 error messages. One of the error messages was

"Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."
                      (Note: if you see DCOM errors in the log, this fix alone may not resolve the issue)

I researched the error and it referenced files that should have been installed by the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)" but these files did not work. I then used the 32 bit version "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and it worked. I then uninstalled everything, rebooted and installed Daemon Tools then awxDTools. I received the daemon.dll error. I then installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and "Re-Register Extension". It registered fine. Now I can right click on images and mount them.

I hope this helps.

Comment

this is the download link
                        i will try it, thx

Comment

Originally Posted by alii
                          I am running Windows XP 64 bit edition and I was having the same problem with awxDTools not registering. I tried formatting and reinstalling windows but I kept getting the same error. I also tried the other solutions in this thread but they did not work for me. Below is what resolved the daemon.dll issue for me.

Solution:
                          Download and install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" yes the 32 bit version not the 64 bit version (Google it. It should be the first hit). The name of the file is vcredist_x86.exe

Reason:
                          It seems that the installer lays down only the 64 bit version of C++ files but the x86 or 32 bit version is needed too.

How I figured it out:
                          I double checked the event viewer Start \ Settings \ Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Event Viewer \ System Logs and I saw 3 error messages. One of the error messages was

"Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system."
                          (Note: if you see DCOM errors in the log, this fix alone may not resolve the issue)

I researched the error and it referenced files that should have been installed by the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)" but these files did not work. I then used the 32 bit version "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and it worked. I then uninstalled everything, rebooted and installed Daemon Tools then awxDTools. I received the daemon.dll error. I then installed "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and "Re-Register Extension". It registered fine. Now I can right click on images and mount them.

I hope this helps.
                          Indeed this DOES help! I have been searching for a solution for over a month- I configured a few x64 machines and they ALL had the exact same problem. Tried everything in this thread to no avail, but your solution solved it! Thank you so much! It would make sense that the developer would have these libraries installed, and as a result may have overlooked their necessity for the end users- excellent find. This is of course not meant to bash ArniWorx in any way- no one could possibly complain about fabulous free software- but we all have so many variables to deal with, it can be an impossible task to keep up with all of it.

Again, thank you- this is truly excellent fact-finding and troubleshooting on your part.

Comment

u r a god among insects. i never thought i'd find a fix.

Comment

Just as an aside, I found a way to trick this program into working with Alcohol as well for those interested. I did as suggested and installed the Visual C++ package first (not sure if it actually was required, but better safe than sorry). I then tried installing awxDTools into the Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120 directory, but it couldn't locate daemon.dll. So I made a copy of alcoholx.dll and renamed the copy to daemon.dll in the same directory and proceded with the install like normal. I've tested and it absolutely does work. Now I don't have to load up Alcohol or set it to start at boot everytime I want to mount/unmount an image.

Comment

Just an update, I also found out this adds context menu support to the virtual drives themselves upon reboot. I didn't discover this at first because I rarely reboot (and the installation didn't require me to). It still says "Daemon Tools" in the context menu, but at least it's working.

Comment

Working...
                                X