• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Invalid device" in DT4.03

Operating System: Windows XP Home / SP2
    Burning Software: None
    Antivirus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools: Version 3.44 to 4.03

With a recent download, I discovered I needed a newer version of DAEMON Tools to be able to use what I had procured. Didn't bother me much, so I just went online, downloaded 4.03, and installed it. The computer asked me to restart my computer, as usual, and I complied. But that's when my problems started.

Everytime DT starts up and I try to access it via system tray, I recieve an "Invalid device" message. I click "OK" (what else?) and notice that DT is still running on the system tray. When I try to right-click it to access the menu, it flings another "Invalid device" at me then promptly shuts off.

I've reinstalled it, that didn't fix my problem. I installed 4.00, yet the problem still ensued. I haven't tried reinstalling version 3.44 yet, but that would have defeated the purpose of this adventure--more of my downloads everyday are requiring at least DT4.00.

I didn't locate any threads with the same distress as mine, but if I missed it--sorry. I'm moderately computer-savvy, so if any information is necessary from my system, just ask me. Oh, and as for a lack of burning/antivirus software... I had to reinstall Windows (HDD reformat) after upgrading to Socket 939/Athlon 64.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Working...
X