installing vista after mounting with daemon tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing vista after mounting with daemon tools

well i've mounted an iso image of vista 32 bit version 5342 with daemon but when i try to install it tells me the drive doesn't have suffiecient room, so really i have two questions number one i'm curently running the orginal august release of vista, is that a upgrade imposibility {i'm runnin a dual boot so i can delete it and install the new one if need be} and also what do i have to do to change the default drive {hdd} that windows wan's to install to

I recommend burning the vista image and then booting from the disc. You cannot install an OS through a mounted image file unless you're installing it into a VM (ex. Virtual PC 2004, VMWare).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I Simply mount....

Hello,

Exemple is simple!

I have a 160gb hd partition in 2
      - First partition (120gb)
      - Second Partition ( 40gb)

Xp is installed on the first partition and i Simply mount the image of Vista (all) with Daemon or alcohol120!

I choose the custom install and choose the second partition!
      Vista installation starts and that's it 20 min later you are on the desktop of your vista !

When you machine boots up you will have the choice to boot in xp or in vista!

Hope i helped!
      http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Sorry...too quick thinking....

I realise i might have read the questions too quickly...

If i have an empty HD and i want too install vista (All Versions till 5342 ) without the image burned on a disc.... I mount the vista on my Laptop and install trought the network adapter...

All Works fine....but slower install than mount on the pc itself!

Sorry for the first reply!
        http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Working...
        X