X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread in this forum linked by Starforce

this thread

linked here

"The matter is that all of known emulators install ring 0 drivers. Obviously, the only way to prevent emulation is to work on the same level and that is the reason our copy protection installs drivers. Another most recent revelation about emulators is that they use rootkits. That could actually cause security problems for the OS.
    This discovery made by Mark Russinovich should make any user at least cautious when using emulators."

www.onlinesecurity-on.com

is owned by starforce

http://whois.sc/onlinesecurity-on.com

Very amusing

Hah, I always assumed the onlinesecurity-on.com website was run by an unofficial partner.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Yeah, I find it terribly shocking that a copy protection developer would recommend against using those "nasty emulators" because they might "cause security problems for the OS". I just can't imagine how they could come to that conclusion if it wasn't true.

Thank goodness for those "safe" copy protections which don't in any way harm our computers or decrease the security of our systems.

Comment

when they do link it, they only do it to a specific post, like LocutusofBorg's and Copytroopers statements about dt security measures. if people read the whole thread, they might get the "wrong" idea.

Comment

Working...
        X