Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: installing vista after mounting with daemon tools

Default installing vista after mounting with daemon tools

well i've mounted an iso image of vista 32 bit version 5342 with daemon but when i try to install it tells me the drive doesn't have suffiecient room, so really i have two questions number one i'm curently running the orginal august release of vista, is that a upgrade imposibility {i'm runnin a dual boot so i can delete it and install the new one if need be} and also what do i have to do to change the default drive {hdd} that windows wan's to install to

Default ...

I recommend burning the vista image and then booting from the disc. You cannot install an OS through a mounted image file unless you're installing it into a VM (ex. Virtual PC 2004, VMWare).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Default I Simply mount.... :)

Hello,

Exemple is simple!

I have a 160gb hd partition in 2
    - First partition (120gb)
    - Second Partition ( 40gb)

Xp is installed on the first partition and i Simply mount the image of Vista (all) with Daemon or alcohol120!

I choose the custom install and choose the second partition!
    Vista installation starts and that's it 20 min later you are on the desktop of your vista !

When you machine boots up you will have the choice to boot in xp or in vista!

Hope i helped!

Default Sorry...too quick thinking....

I realise i might have read the questions too quickly...

If i have an empty HD and i want too install vista (All Versions till 5342 ) without the image burned on a disc.... I mount the vista on my Laptop and install trought the network adapter...

All Works fine....but slower install than mount on the pc itself!

Sorry for the first reply!