Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by dt1981
    for nebbia88:

You have to uninstall starforce drivers. You can use sfclean. It seems that latest starforce 3.6+ doesn't allow alcohol to correctly extract dpm.
    sorry but I made my CD image BEFORE installing the game.....
    and no other game was ever been installed on that windows installation....
    waiting help....

Comment

that scrolling window stick doesn't work for me, so i'm using the v1.0 exe with antisecurom + v1.1 patch.

Comment

Nothing works to get a Copy of Crashday v1.1 working. Anyone out there with a other (working) solution?

Comment

If you enjoy playing the game, buy it and 1.1 will run fine.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeveloperOfCrashday
            If you enjoy playing the game, buy it and 1.1 will run fine.
            nowdays I'm playing obviously with my original CD.... but... my questions about SF 3.7 still remains.....
            I opened my .mds with MDS viewer and it seems good but.... nothing.

Comment

About the "scrolling feature", I think that securom is probably expecting some response time when checking for protection.

It is only an idea, but as emulators use HD, they work faster than a real DVD drive and could then be detected. If you scroll during protection check, you obtain longer response time.

Just to know if I'm right, dt1981 : could you try to copy your .iso file to a DVD (the image file, not the content) and use this image in DT to run your game (without scrolling) ?

Comment

to SpiritWalker:
                I've tried,(because i suspected the same thing you say), but in my case it doesn't work. I think that the problem is that curerom is a separate thread in memory, so if the cpu is idle, securom start checking before the antiblacklist action is complete. Before I've said that it could depend from hard disc access, but now i have realized that if I copy a directory during check(no cpu utilization, only hd), it doesn't work (so the fact that hard disc is faster is not verified).

Comment

nop , any methos here not working so i still with my original hoping curerom 2.0 coming soon
                  Amd Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz
                  ATI HD2900XT 512mb
                  Asrock dual-sata2
                  2gb DDR400 Dual
                  X-FI Ftala1ty 64mb

Comment

finally the scrolling windows works i try evryting but only in my main root directiry works scrolling really really fast only ,vary strange i think next new 1.2 patch fix this because they watching us great i have my original and i dont need to scrolling wndows like crazy
                    Amd Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz
                    ATI HD2900XT 512mb
                    Asrock dual-sata2
                    2gb DDR400 Dual
                    X-FI Ftala1ty 64mb

Comment

You tips dont work

Comment

PIO mode for Crashday 1.1 trick

If you put your hard disks in PIO mode (use device manager, ide controller, primary and secondary channels) you can ensure some rather good CPU utilization when doing the HD access trick .

Edit: evlncrn8 thinks this is a bad idea and while I will note that a few of my computers run just fine in PIO mode (non gaming, non performance PCs) if you don't know how to turn Ultra DMA mode back on again then you don't know what you're in for (ie. a bad time) if you try this trick.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                          If you put your hard disks in PIO mode (use device manager, ide controller, primary and secondary channels) you can ensure some rather good CPU utilization when doing the HD access trick .
                          you can also ensure your pc runs like treacle running through a glued pipe... bad bad bad advice, will most likely induce longer load times, and other lags....
                          my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I have noticed a very STRANGE THING:

I have created a mini image for crashday (with the usual method: run alcohol, select create image,select securom new profile with accurate dpm, then I wait that dpm extraction is complete and soon after the disc copy begins I stop the operation and choose not delete files), after that I have a mdf file of some megabytes...
                            Now if I mount this mini image, and launch curerom profile that I have created for crashday (rename curerom.exe), I receive this message (original disc not found), so it's a normal behaviour..

So you can ask: where is the strange thing?
                            I launch alcohol again, mount full image (created from the original disc, I used that before 1.1 patch), select create image, TOGGLE EVERY checkbox in extractions options, start the extraction (without overwrite mini -image), soon after stop it. After that I close alcohol, I mount the previous mini-image (the one with dpm extraction that you have created before..), lanch crashday link again... The game starts... And this works five-six times (lanch game, then close it, then relaunch game..).

This procedure must be done every time you restart system (apart dpm mini image, this must be created only the first time).

My question is, could some expert programmer, such as curerom team member or daemon tools, give me an explanation to this?

Comment

mmm meabe becauuse you can run the game patched with the old 1.0 exe file are you sure you run the 1.1 exe and can you explain more spesific the method you use to create the images to try myself tank you
                              Amd Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz
                              ATI HD2900XT 512mb
                              Asrock dual-sata2
                              2gb DDR400 Dual
                              X-FI Ftala1ty 64mb

Comment

To create full image: (that works with curerom before patch game to 1.1)
                                Put your cd->lanch alcohol->Image making wizard->Choose Datatype(Securom New (4.x/5.x)->Select Dpm speed (1x).

To create mini-image:
                                Mount your full image (test if it works with 1.0 game version) or put your original cd->Image making wizard-> Choose Datatype (Securom New (4.x/5.x)->Select Dpm speed (1x).
                                this time after dpm extraction, cancel disc copy and choose not delete files.

Then apply 1.1 patch
                                Now you have to do the thing I tell you in my previous post...

Comment

Working...
                                X