Crashday 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashday 1.1

I am having problems with running Crashday 1.1. I was able to "run" 1.0 with SecuromLoader, but it would not load. This was fixed in patch 1.1, but they also updated the protection to a newer version of Securom 7.

When I try to use SecuromLoader now, I only get "Emulator detected! Please deactivate vitual drive and emulation software".

How can I run Crashday 1.1?

same problem here. version 1.0 used to work but 1.1 refuses. i tried all anti-securom tools but i either get "emulator detected" or "security module could not be activated".
    im using a blindwrite image.
    maybe someone can help.
    --thx--

Comment

Try this:
      Install Curerom 1.31
      Before launching it rename curerom.exe with any other name (ex 12345.exe).
      Lanch 12345.exe and create profile for crashday.

Comment

Originally Posted by dt1981
        Try this:
        Install Curerom 1.31
        Before launching it rename curerom.exe with any other name (ex 12345.exe).
        Lanch 12345.exe and create profile for crashday.

Tried that, doesn't work...

What profile, settings u used?

New SecureROM has blacklisted every tool, even renaming doesn't work.

Comment

The "emulator detected" message is what SecuROM will say if your image isn't good enough.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I don't think that emulation detected means that disc image is not good. It means that it has found a register key or a driver or a executable in memory related to dt4. If you use curerom instead you shoul receive this message: a security module cannot be run. That means that the securom protection has found curerom program in memory. The solution may be at least two:
            1) rename curerom executable (see previous post, the profile is the default one, you must find only the game executable)
            2) choose windows 2000 compatible mode from crashday.exe options (select it with right mouse button)

PS:Try Alcohol 1.95.3823 instead of dt4. (You can download a free 30 days trial).

Comment

IMPORTANT: I have tried set compatiblity to windows 2000 and it doesn't work, so forget solution 2!
              When you rename curerom exe you have to create a new profile for the game and create a desktop link, and you have to lanch the game using that link, not from the original link of the game!

Comment

hopefully the author of AntiSecuROM will update his tool. I'm sticking with the original v1.0 game for now. I've already tried a whole bunch of tools.

Comment

So nothing really works right now?

Comment

I have noticed that the method i tell you in the previous post works only if the cpu is not idle. Example: if i scroll a window with many files, after 5 o 6 tries the game finally works.
                    It is a very strange thing, never seen in any other game... Probably overloading cpu let curerom hide the virtual drive in a proper manner...

Comment

You can verify if it's indeed related to CPU activity by running a software like CPU Burn-in while starting the game. You may need to set the software to "normal" or even higher process priority via task manager though, but be careful, too high a setting can easily render your system unresponsive.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I've tried cpu burn but it doesn't work. The only manner that works for me is scrolling a window (a good one is the windows directory or system32). I suspect that it depends from hard disc access and cpu together ,because if i scroll a different window each time i try, it works more often. I don't have a answer for this, maybe the programmer of curerom could have one.

Comment

Starforce

my original copy of Crashday has starforce 3.7.13.01 protection...
                          //
                          [18:35:55] StarForce detected -> C:\Programmi\Crashday\Crashday.exe
                          [18:35:57] StarForce 3.7.13.01 detected -> C:\Programmi\Crashday\protect.dll
                          [18:36:19] --- File(s) Scan Finished [31.53s] ---
                          //
                          i tried to make a good dpm image with lastest alcohol but still not able to play, with my ide cd-rw unplugged can you help me?

Comment

for nebbia88:

You have to uninstall starforce drivers. You can use sfclean. It seems that latest starforce 3.6+ doesn't allow alcohol to correctly extract dpm.

for owners of crashday version protected by securom:
                            I have tested window scrolling method with securom loader 1.1 (downloadable in this site) and it works too. So this is the final method:
                            1) install the game.
                            2) apply 1.1 patch
                            3) using curerom
                            - rename curerom.exe to any other name
                            - create profile for crashday (accept default options)
                            - lanch the game using the desktop link created by curerom
                            -soon after, during disk check, scroll continuosly up and down a window, until the game starts. if it doesn't work the first time repeat the last two points. After 2 or 3 tries it should work.
                            4) using securom loader
                            -lauch it,select crashday.exe
                            -soon after repeat the same operations for curerom(scroll during disk check...)

Comment

Just a bit of a heads up, i've added another feature to CureROM 2.0, i don't have the problem with the scrolling of the window(i take it this if for putting a load on the CPU while SecuROM is checkin' the disc), anyways about the new "feature", it stresses the CPU for a few seconds while SecuROM checks the disc(no more scrolling of windows or what ever you do).

I know i've said it before, but CureROM 2.0 will be out very soon, just doing some internal testing at the mo.
                              Mail:
                              curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X