• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is easy to defeat the Patch 1.1.
    First make sure you could run TRL v1.0 using
    - a mini image
    - the current version of DT
    - AntiSecurom 1.1

That is the DLL AntiSecurom.DLL that is black listed. So all we need to do is rename it!!!
    To do this rename AntiSecurom.EXE -> ASC.EXE and AntiSecurom.DLL -> ASC.DLL.
    The use a hex editor (frhed http://www.kibria.de/frhed.html) to open ASC.EXE and search for the string "AntiSecurom.DLL". Replace it with "ASC.DLL" which is shorter and pad other characters with zeros. Save ASC.EXE and close the hex editor.

Run ASC.EXE as usual, works like a charm with TRL v1.1.

Comment

nice work FStars... i'm gonna try it out l8er!
      My sysProfile!

Comment

FStars can u send me changed asc.exe & asc.dll 'couse i cant make them work afther making changes in hex editor...
        thnx...

Comment

Other way

I am kind of noob here, and I am not english at all... Anyway...
          I do what FStar say, and the game start complaining about the emulation in version 1.0 lol... i dont think that will work in 1.1... but instead of place a bunch of zeros I rename the dll with a name that will fit exactly in the spaces that are in the exe string... I call the dll lelolelolel.dll after that the 1.0 works then I patch and also works...

Comment

Now i can run the 1.1 but the mouse is pretty unresponsive in the menu, i cant click any botton in the game lol. and i dunno how to run the setup, the securom start complaining about the disk

Comment

I have never used Daemon Tools yet and just downloaded some stuff hopefully so I can play Tombrader Legend without the DVD in drive. The DVD I bought has the 1.1 version already so no patching necessary.

I downloaded this from gamecopyworld for the 1.1 version.

Daemon Tools 4.3
              AlkiSecuROM.dll
              AlkiSecuRom.exe
              TombRaiderLegend.mdf
              TombRaiderLegend.mds

Instructions as follows:

Install the game+v1.1 Update (IF NEEDED copy back the ORIGINAL files!).
              Mount the TombRaiderLegend.mds in Daemon Tools v4.03
              (DO NOT FORGET to SET EMULATION -> ALL OPTIONS ON !)
              Start ALKISECUROM.EXE to avoid Blacklisting of DT4, search/load YOUR PATH's TRL.EXE

(OR in Commands: To run the file directly as
              -r <Path>
              e.g. ALKISECUROM.EXe -r C:\Games\Securom\Main.exe

So is this going to work?
              Last edited by Mike89; 18.04.2006, 17:56.

Comment

ok, here is the solution.

1.) use renamed antisecurom .exe and .dll mentioned above
                2.) use good image of trl
                3.) trl image has to be the ONLY image mounted in DT4. Number of drives not important. (i double checked and it was clear)
                Emulation can be left on...

Comment

Originally Posted by FStars
                  It is easy to defeat the Patch 1.1.
                  First make sure you could run TRL v1.0 using
                  - a mini image
                  - the current version of DT
                  - AntiSecurom 1.1

That is the DLL AntiSecurom.DLL that is black listed. So all we need to do is rename it!!!
                  To do this rename AntiSecurom.EXE -> ASC.EXE and AntiSecurom.DLL -> ASC.DLL.
                  The use a hex editor (frhed http://www.kibria.de/frhed.html) to open ASC.EXE and search for the string "AntiSecurom.DLL". Replace it with "ASC.DLL" which is shorter and pad other characters with zeros. Save ASC.EXE and close the hex editor.

Run ASC.EXE as usual, works like a charm with TRL v1.1.
                  Doesn't work for me. ASC.exe won't run after I hex edit it to replace antiscurom.dll with asc.dll with that program.

The error returned is: "ASC.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Comment

So you have made some mistake somewhere...you've broken PE or something....

Comment

yes this method works for this game i rename the the dll and in hex editor i change the dll too only check the new name for the dll have the same lenght of the old file example antisecurom.dll to anttsecurom.dll or somthing with 11 characteres to avoid the check sum

but not work for crashday 1.1 patch i dont know wich of 2 have the newest securom version , still not working with any antiblacklist program , waiting for curerom 2.0
                      Amd Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz
                      ATI HD2900XT 512mb
                      Asrock dual-sata2
                      2gb DDR400 Dual
                      X-FI Ftala1ty 64mb

Comment

so if you have no IDE optical drives on your system but only the demon tools virtual drive will it then work?

I ask as I have no internal DVD drive and am thinking about getting tomb raider.

Comment

Originally Posted by clemento
                          so if you have no IDE optical drives on your system but only the demon tools virtual drive will it then work?

I ask as I have no internal DVD drive and am thinking about getting tomb raider.
                          mmm one second so you want to buy the game without having dvd-rom or i want to think you have any external driver
                          ,because warez are forbiden here and respect your question you need to run the game the dt and some antiblacklist software and sometimes maxi or mini images
                          Amd Opteron 165 @ 2.6ghz
                          ATI HD2900XT 512mb
                          Asrock dual-sata2
                          2gb DDR400 Dual
                          X-FI Ftala1ty 64mb

Comment

Originally Posted by tombman
                            ok, here is the solution.

1.) use renamed antisecurom .exe and .dll mentioned above
                            2.) use good image of trl
                            3.) trl image has to be the ONLY image mounted in DT4. Number of drives not important. (i double checked and it was clear)
                            Emulation can be left on...
                            This works for me,only did part 3, however their is so much lag on the menu's & in game that it is now unplayable, gonna go back to 1.0, till someone can solve this 100%, any one else with this problem?
                            Last edited by Red_Mist; 18.04.2006, 21:32.

Comment

Btw Tomb Raider 1.1 is SecuROM 7.21

Comment

Originally Posted by maylat
                                mmm one second so you want to buy the game without having dvd-rom or i want to think you have any external driver
                                ,because warez are forbiden here and respect your question you need to run the game the dt and some antiblacklist software and sometimes maxi or mini images

Yes I do have an external DVD burner that i use to create the image, I don't use Warez! Just to point out that i've been a member of the Alcohol community for some time and do not condone the use of Warez by anyone. Hope that clears things up for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X