Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Tomb Raider Legend 1.1

  1. #21
    New User
    Join Date
    10.04.2006
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LooDos
    but afaik u r the only one that has probs with v1.0.
    dunno why... for me it works w/o any probs.
    can you say how your setup is? on CureROM and deamon tools? it would help alot
    and other stuff

  2. #22
    Experienced User

    Join Date
    13.11.2005
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    no - but you're entitled to make an emulator that is unbeatable

    Seriously, we're working on it. Nothing - repeat - nothing is
    "unblacklistable" (cool word) - same as nothing is uncrackable.
    But long time ago you said, it will be much harder to blacklist DT 4... It seems it's not as hard as it should be. That is no critique, I just remember your words.

  3. #23

    Default

    your words ARE criticise us - nothing else - Say it plain and
    simple. This whole "no no, it isn't meaned as it was written" is
    crap. Maybe I'm older then you - but its not necessary to re-
    member me of my own words.

    Facts: it IS hard to blacklist. Except you use cheap methods -
    like Securom does. Otherwise what do you think why CureROM
    or other apps are invented? If DT would be blacklisted directly(!), even CureROM would not help.

    BTW: DT 4.x-> released last year. In November. What date do we now have?
    Yeah, always the same people driving me nuts here

  4. #24
    Experienced User

    Join Date
    27.09.2005
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    Except you use cheap methods -
    like Securom does.

    Otherwise what do you think why CureROM
    or other apps are invented? If DT would be blacklisted directly(!), even CureROM would not help.
    Isn't daemon tools blacklisted then? isnt that what 'emulation detected means' ?

    and if daemon tools wasn't blacklisted then how come programs like curerom exist?

    isn't the 'rootkit technology' in daemon tools meant to make blacklisting difficult?

  5. #25

    Default

    DT isn't blacklisted yet, only the (all) SCSI Controllers are blacklisted by many copy protections. DT uses a SCSI Controller to create the virtual drives, so you get the emulator detected message when you have DT installed. DT isn't blacklisted directly.

  6. #26
    Experienced User

    Join Date
    13.11.2005
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    your words ARE criticise us - nothing else - Say it plain and
    simple. This whole "no no, it isn't meaned as it was written" is
    crap. Maybe I'm older then you - but its not necessary to re-
    member me of my own words.

    Facts: it IS hard to blacklist. Except you use cheap methods -
    like Securom does. Otherwise what do you think why CureROM
    or other apps are invented? If DT would be blacklisted directly(!), even CureROM would not help.

    BTW: DT 4.x-> released last year. In November. What date do we now have?
    Yeah, always the same people driving me nuts here

    Sorry, for my bad choosen words. It was really not meant as it is read.
    I just was irritated because of the new blacklisting mechanisms of SecruRom etc.
    I really thought they blacklist some parts of the DT 4 drivers...

    I really want to apologize to you for my bad choosen words.
    I think I would have choosen better words in german.
    My english is not as good as it could be.
    Sorry.

  7. #27
    Experienced User
    Reef's Avatar
    Join Date
    30.03.2003
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I'm quite curious what this cheap blacklisting method is. It's actually a good thing they use cheap methods, because it means they're getting desperate

    As for the game: 1.0 works without any problems using a mini image, but 1.1 just quits after the SecuROM check, without any errors.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evlncrn8
    Isn't daemon tools blacklisted then? isnt that what 'emulation detected means' ?

    and if daemon tools wasn't blacklisted then how come programs like curerom exist?

    isn't the 'rootkit technology' in daemon tools meant to make blacklisting difficult?
    1) No, it only means that the protection THINK that there is
    MAYBE such thing like emulator. Example: New Tomb-
    raider 1.1 doesn't work for me even on a FRESH INSTALL of
    WinXP - even not from original disk!! WITHOUT ANY EMUS installed. I will bring game back
    to store now, save me some bucks and will NOT play that
    game. Sad but true. Eidos: Blame it to Sony

    2) To defend the "cheap methods" I already mentioned.

    3) exact. And how does that fit to the initial statement?

    Your questions only confirmed my statements, evlcrn8, thank you

  9. #29

    Default pointing to thread Crashday 1.1

    Quote Originally Posted by evlncrn8
    Isn't daemon tools blacklisted then? isnt that what 'emulation detected means' ?
    I just want to say that I explained the "emulation detected" message on 03.04.2006 here. Don't believe everything SecuROM tells you.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

  10. #30
    Experienced User

    Join Date
    27.09.2005
    Posts
    822

    Default

    the blacklist of all scsi drives simply is not true, i have scsi cd units on my pc and securom has absolutely no problems with them, true it prefers ide, but stating that scsi is blacklisted is bending the truth a little so i can only assume that daemon tools IS blacklisted by virtue of the fact that the games work fine when played from other scsi units....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •