• Show
Clear All

u r right, dude!
    My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
      no - but you're entitled to make an emulator that is unbeatable

Seriously, we're working on it. Nothing - repeat - nothing is
      "unblacklistable" (cool word) - same as nothing is uncrackable.
      Hmm, so will it require a new verison of DT to let TRL 1.1 run from an image?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dude®
        So we have to wait for a new daemon tools or curerom release?
        And the new CureROM release isn't far away, have a look at the news at their website: www.curerom.net
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
          CureROM if fro securom only! It's useless for SF protected games!
          So to answer your question Noxe : no one knows.
          I meant on "v1.0"... I have big problems running it :S
          How is your/*or anybody else* setup on Deamontools and CureROM?
          Last edited by Noxe; 14.04.2006, 14:40.

Comment

but afaik u r the only one that has probs with v1.0.
            dunno why... for me it works w/o any probs.
            My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
              but afaik u r the only one that has probs with v1.0.
              dunno why... for me it works w/o any probs.
              can you say how your setup is? on CureROM and deamon tools? it would help alot
              and other stuff

Comment

no - but you're entitled to make an emulator that is unbeatable

Seriously, we're working on it. Nothing - repeat - nothing is
                "unblacklistable" (cool word) - same as nothing is uncrackable.
                But long time ago you said, it will be much harder to blacklist DT 4... It seems it's not as hard as it should be. That is no critique, I just remember your words.

Comment

your words ARE criticise us - nothing else - Say it plain and
                  simple. This whole "no no, it isn't meaned as it was written" is
                  crap. Maybe I'm older then you - but its not necessary to re-
                  member me of my own words.

Facts: it IS hard to blacklist. Except you use cheap methods -
                  like Securom does. Otherwise what do you think why CureROM
                  or other apps are invented? If DT would be blacklisted directly(!), even CureROM would not help.

BTW: DT 4.x-> released last year. In November. What date do we now have?
                  Yeah, always the same people driving me nuts here

Comment

Except you use cheap methods -
                    like Securom does.

Otherwise what do you think why CureROM
                    or other apps are invented? If DT would be blacklisted directly(!), even CureROM would not help.
                    Isn't daemon tools blacklisted then? isnt that what 'emulation detected means' ?

and if daemon tools wasn't blacklisted then how come programs like curerom exist?

isn't the 'rootkit technology' in daemon tools meant to make blacklisting difficult?
                    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

DT isn't blacklisted yet, only the (all) SCSI Controllers are blacklisted by many copy protections. DT uses a SCSI Controller to create the virtual drives, so you get the emulator detected message when you have DT installed. DT isn't blacklisted directly.
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

your words ARE criticise us - nothing else - Say it plain and
                        simple. This whole "no no, it isn't meaned as it was written" is
                        crap. Maybe I'm older then you - but its not necessary to re-
                        member me of my own words.

Facts: it IS hard to blacklist. Except you use cheap methods -
                        like Securom does. Otherwise what do you think why CureROM

BTW: DT 4.x-> released last year. In November. What date do we now have?
                        Yeah, always the same people driving me nuts here

Sorry, for my bad choosen words. It was really not meant as it is read.
                        I just was irritated because of the new blacklisting mechanisms of SecruRom etc.
                        I really thought they blacklist some parts of the DT 4 drivers...

I really want to apologize to you for my bad choosen words.
                        I think I would have choosen better words in german.
                        My english is not as good as it could be.
                        Sorry.

Comment

I'm quite curious what this cheap blacklisting method is. It's actually a good thing they use cheap methods, because it means they're getting desperate

As for the game: 1.0 works without any problems using a mini image, but 1.1 just quits after the SecuROM check, without any errors.

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8
                            Isn't daemon tools blacklisted then? isnt that what 'emulation detected means' ?

and if daemon tools wasn't blacklisted then how come programs like curerom exist?

isn't the 'rootkit technology' in daemon tools meant to make blacklisting difficult?
                            1) No, it only means that the protection THINK that there is
                            MAYBE such thing like emulator. Example: New Tomb-
                            raider 1.1 doesn't work for me even on a FRESH INSTALL of
                            WinXP - even not from original disk!! WITHOUT ANY EMUS installed. I will bring game back
                            to store now, save me some bucks and will NOT play that
                            game. Sad but true. Eidos: Blame it to Sony

2) To defend the "cheap methods" I already mentioned.

3) exact. And how does that fit to the initial statement?

Your questions only confirmed my statements, evlcrn8, thank you

Comment

pointing to thread Crashday 1.1

Originally Posted by evlncrn8
                              I just want to say that I explained the "emulation detected" message on 03.04.2006 here. Don't believe everything SecuROM tells you.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

the blacklist of all scsi drives simply is not true, i have scsi cd units on my pc and securom has absolutely no problems with them, true it prefers ide, but stating that scsi is blacklisted is bending the truth a little so i can only assume that daemon tools IS blacklisted by virtue of the fact that the games work fine when played from other scsi units....
                                my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
                                X