X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't remove "PnP BIOS Extension" DT 3.47

Hi !

I have read the suggestions like this:

"5. In WinNT/2000/XP/2003 open registry editor and check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es for entries with same names as Daemon driver files. Delete these keys. If you can't delte them rightclick the key and set the rights of access and retry to delte them."

But I can NOT set the rights of access because I use Win2000 OS (pro, SP4) and it's regetit doesn't allow to do this!

What should I do then - kill myself?

I can boot in Win98 and copy registry folder, but how can I edit the copy? (file "System" with no extension)
    The WInXP regedit can open and edit such copy file, but Win2K regedit - can not.
    Can you reccommend a third paty regedit or how can I launch WinXP regedit under Win2K?

In Windows 2000 you've to use regedt32 to adjust the registry rights.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OK, I have removed "PnP BIOS Extension" using Win XP Preinstall Environment (editing SYSTEM file as branch)

But then I found the "WA7944U QCB450A SCSI SdRom Device" and tried your advise - its really cool, Thank You

But this CDRom appears again after reboot ...

What is it's driver name?

Comment

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum - you'll find all info about manual removal procedure.

Comment

I did this, but "WA7944U" CDRom still appears in Device Manager. And "works properly" ...
          No d347x in registry and system folders.

I see 3 files in "Driver details"
          cdrom.sys
          redbook.sys
          storprop.dll

And the same files are used by ROXIO CD-ROM Emulator and other real CD-Roms.

I can find the "WA7944U" string in registry keys, remove it, and I can remove this device from Device Manager, but it goes back after rebooting.
          I have no more ideas ... it shold be some other driver file in "INF" folder, maybe it comes with 4.0 Daemoon version (I tried to install it over 3.47).

Comment

For manual removal of v4 check related thread in common problems and solutions forum.

Comment

Yes, it was the dtscsi.sys driver from Daemon 4.0 !

Problem is solved!

Thank You wery much!

Comment

Hem ... it is too early to say OK.

I have removed dtscsi driver and corresponding CDROM, but I can not remove "SCSI/RAID Host Controller" with yellow mark.

It is very easy to remove it from device manager ... until next boot. If I remove the PNPA000 keys from registry (in "ControlSets/Enum/ACPI", setting permissions every time) then I get the same result, but after next boot the keys appear again.

What can update them every time?

Comment

Now the problem is really solved.

I have found the "dtscsi" string in "servises" and other places in registry and removed it.

After rebootting the "Unknown device" (yellow marked) appers.

And when I pressed "Update driver" button, the standard "SCSI/RAID Host Controller" from Microsoft was installed. This is because of using mirror RAID in my computer.

So now everything (maybe) is OK, and I have only two last questions:

- can you recommend a really good program for registry cleaning, please?

and

- why the Daemon Tools doesn't use the standard system driver?

Thank You.

Comment

Originally Posted by NfO
                    - can you recommend a really good program for registry cleaning, please?
                    No. Usually they cause more problems, especially if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Registry editing is NOT for non-experts.

Originally Posted by NfO
                    - why the Daemon Tools doesn't use the standard system driver?
                    Standard system driver for what? Daemon Tools uses its own drivers for its own devices.

Comment

[QUOTE=Standard system driver for what? Daemon Tools uses its own drivers for its own devices.[/QUOTE]

I mean "SCSI/RAID Host Controller". The standard driver was replaced with dtscsi.sys - why?

P.S. DT 3.47 works normally with Win98.

Comment

Working...
                      X