X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big crash possibly due to Daemon Tools

Hello everyone,

Recently I've experienced a strange crash :

When I launch a game by mounting it with DT 4.03 everything is fine ... Until suddenly the monitor shuts down, the sound is cut and the keyboard is off. I can still hear the processor running though (at least I hear the fan). The crash doesn't seem to be connected to an unusual use : it happens in a random amount of time of gameplay.
    Rebooting doesn't change a thing and the only way to get back to normal is to completely shut down the PC and turn it on again.

I've checked the temperature of my processor it never exceeds 60°C at 100% of CPU capacity. I've also checked the temperature of my graphic card and it never exceeds 75°C during a game. The only clue I have is that it seems to have begun only since I installed DT 4.03. I once had the 3.1 version with which I had no problem but due to a starforce protected game I decided to upgrade to 4.03. I tried a later version of 3.xx (3.47 I think) DT and I experienced the same crash.

My config is AMD Athlon 64 3400+, Geforce 6800 GT, Asus K8N-E Deluxe motherboard.

Notice that I'm not 100% sure that DT is behind this mess but I'm positive I did not experience anything of the sort before I installed DT 4.03 so...

Thanks for any kind of help.

Do you have minidump(s) related to such crash(s) (in Windows\Minidump folder)? If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Any news ?

Comment

Since no minidumps arrived yet, nope ...
        please re-send either unpacked or RAR'ed.

Comment

Strange... I'll send it again then.

Comment

The dumps don't show any relation to Daemon Tools or SPTD layer. One shows CPU machine check exception which can have many causes, including faulty hardware. The other one shows an NTFS crash.

Comment

Ok thanks a lot for the info.

I'll have to check another reason then...

Comment

Working...
              X