How To Use Daemon Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Use Daemon Tools

I just bought Tiger Woods 2006 and I am tired of having to use the CD to play the game. I came across this program and have no idea how to use it......anyone willing to walk me through the process???

You cannot use DT alone, you'll need a software that'll make the images for you... something like Alcohol or BlindWrite
    You'll need a tool that will help you find what is the copy protection used on the CD(s)/DVD(s) you want to backup, something like a-ray scanner (google is your friend).

Once you know what is the copy protection, if you wanna backup a CD, in Alcohol, there are profiles corresponding to the copy protection (always choose .mds/.mdf file format). If it's a DVD, there's no profiles, but it you search a little, you'll find...

Once you've done that, you have an image of the game, that'll be able to run from DT... you just need to mount it.
    (to do that : left click on DT icon, select the device and choose the image, that's done)
    Carpe diem

Comment

Some games (safedisk 4.6, securom 5/7 protected) also need some antiblacklisting tools for getting the game to work using an image. You can see this thread.
      But the game you mentioned should work without any extra tools.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

ok i downloaded a-ray scanner and found out that it is SafeDisc 2/3......well when i go into Alcohol 120%, I select copy wizzard(not sure if im supposed to use that on or the image burning wizzard) and it keeps giving me a Data read examination error......I'm also making sure that I do click on safedisc 2/3 before i click on copy......any clue why this is??

Comment

The read errors are part of the protection, just keep it going.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

haha i would love for it to keep going but it keeps hanging up on me after about 5 of the errors

Comment

[
              Originally Posted by erik20_03
              haha i would love for it to keep going but it keeps hanging up on me after about 5 of the errors
              If you CD drive is like 7 years old, I just checked pricewatch.com and you can get a Lite-On 16X dvd-rom for $20.00 including shipping. The less fun way is to just let your drive read the disc until it finishes 48 hours later. BTW, What is the model of your reader? And maybe you can get a friends CD drive to make an image of the disc. Safedisc was designed to give headaches like what you described but this hasn't existed as an issue for many years.

Comment

well i wouldnt think it would be the CD drive since this is a brand new laptop.......but right now im about to try and see if one of my friends that has the full version of Alcohol 120% will get it to work since all i have is the trial version......

Comment

i also pulled this off of A-ray scanner.......

[16:53:38 PM] SafeDisc detected -> D:\COURSES_DISC [4D5C776E]
                  [16:53:54 PM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2/3
                  [16:53:55 PM] SafeDisc 4.50.000 detected -> D:\Engine.dll
                  [16:54:09 PM] SafeDisc 4.50.000 detected -> D:\TW2006.exe
                  [16:54:09 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [10.38s] ---

so when i do the image making wizzrd do i use the safedisc 2/3 or just the regular safedisc

Comment

What is so hard to understand?

You have two easy possibilities:

a) you try with the TRIAL version of alcohol (as this trial version
                    IS the full version (only TIME limited) to create a working
                    image. Even your Laptop-CD/DVD-drive should be capable
                    of it. How long did you waited until you aborted the process?
                    Some (especially notebook-drives) needs ages! to create a
                    safedisc-backup.

b) You take your game to one of your friends and create the
                    image THERE. then you burn the image "as is" (the two files
                    that alcohol created) back to a dvd-r or even better dvd-rw. Or external HDD. Or CD-R...... I guess you got the point..

Transfer the image back to your laptop, copy both files to
                    your laptop-hdd and that's it.

Comment

was there really a need to be that rude......excuse me for using your programs and asking help on how to use it......ill make sure its the last time that i do

Comment

Working...
                      X