Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: SiliconImage VIA SiS chipsets and WPCREDIT tool vs StarForce

New User

til this day i didnt think tahat its important how i create images... Anyway - in case of pop3 ive used Alcohol ( i dont remember which version but sure it wasnt newest) with default settings - speed 24 or 32 i think - it was long time ago. yes ive read on this forum about how good dpm influence on image quality... should i create one more image?

Create a new image using the latest Alcohol (www.alcohol-software.com).
    Start the image making wizard and enable the Data Position Measurement (DPM) option using high precision. Alcohol will ask your for choosing the read speed of the DPM, choose a slow one like 1x, or 2x,4x if 1x isn't working.

Experienced User

Here ( pcidevs.txt ) you can find a huge list with vendor ids and so on.
    Don't know if it's needed, I have no Starforce protected games to test, but I don't think you can change your ID to anything. Or doesnt' it matter to what it is changed as long as Starforce "thinks" it can't communicate directly?

Can someone of the admins / developers here - or anyone else who knows it - tell me if this workaround can easily be avoided with an update to Starforce?
    Last edited by FordPrefect : 30.04.2006 at 11:35

Customer

The question is rather whether it can be changed at all than what is changed.

Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect
    Can someone of the admins / developers here - or anyone else who knows it - tell me if this workaround can easily be avoided with an update to Starforce?
    This already happened (at least for SiI 0680) with SF 3.7.16 and the PRO version of 3.7.13.01 used in City Life (german version)
    Last edited by Terramex : 02.05.2006 at 12:18

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I got X3 working using this method. My chipset is a Via K8T800 Pro. Haven't tried any other games yet...

Daumen hoch Thanx

This works with Blazing Angels too,prior to patch 1.01 wich updates starforce to 3.7.16.00 beyond that patch there is no luck with this trick anyway thanx for the "fix"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12