Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another solution to "Unit is locked"?

Hi folks,
    I found another solution to the problem discussed in thread http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=458
    which worked fine for me - but I cannot post it there (only for special users).

Scenario:
    I downloaded a certain CUE and BIN and mounted the BIN due Daemon-Tools with the according CUE - but: During download I guess the CUE or the BIN got faulty which results in the error message "Unit is locked". When clicking to the virtual CD-ROM drive coming with Daemon-Tools I got the system message: "Please insert media" and "Cannot read media... and so on".

Result:
    Daemon-Tools got stuck, whether "Unmount all drives" nor "Eject media" worked and all ended up to the message: "Unit is locked", after reboot Daemon-Tools automatically loaded the faulty CUE/BIN and unit was locked again. Because being accessed by an application (I guess: Daemon-Tools?! ;-)) I could not move the CUE or BIN to another location and I could not delete it either - no way out?

My solution:
    I booted to save modus (where Daemon Tools is not started automatically). Searched the registry for the name of that certain BIN. Found two keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\S t320g\Parameters\U05sn0
    "Ihjg7h" REG_SZ "d:\folder\certain.cue"
    and another one I can't remember the location, but the string had the same name and the CUE had the same name of course.

I deleted both keys (only the complete "Ihjg7h"-keys).
    I rebooted my system (Windows XP SP1) and when Daemon-Tools started no media was loaded! :-) In this session Daemon-Tools worked properly and I could mount other images without any error.

Hope this may be helpful
    Gr33tz,
    W3br0wd7

What does he expect will happen when he downloads corrupt warez? :lol:

Comment

That Daemon Tools repairs corrupt downloads "on-the-fly" :mrgreen: :roll:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
      X