StarForce easy Solution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol im a bit confused

im sort of a noob at this sort of stuff so could you tell me how to put the cd on the secondary wot the secondary is and how to get x3 to work thnx

Comment

Deactivating the ide-channel won't work for X3 (SF 3.5), this method only works for games with older versions of the Starforce protection (except you have a NForce 3/4 mainboard).
      Shutdown your pc, open your pc-case, physically unplug your dc/dvd-drives/writers (plug out the 2 plugs, maybe the power plug is enough).
      When you unplugged your drives the only thing you need to get the game working using a proper image is to mount it using DT 4 and start the game.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

thnx

kk thanks he said he got it to work but i suppose i can do it that way one more question though would it work if i used starforce nightmare

Comment

Originally Posted by reece118
          kk thanks he said he got it to work but i suppose i can do it that way one more question though would it work if i used starforce nightmare
          Straforce Nightmare is a program for deactivating your drives/controller/ide-channel. So SFNightmare only works for older SF Games(<3.5).
          Mostly, the only solution for getting a SF Game to work using an image is to physically unplug your drives. You can get X3 and some newer SF games working without unplugging, by disabling/deactivating, when you have a NForce 3/4 mainboard.
          (it also can work when all your cd/dvd-drives/writers are connected to one controller and your hdd's to another one. Then disable that controller and it can work, but not for the newest SF Games.)

Comment

unplugged

ok i unplugged my drive and now it works but does this mean i have to leave it unplugged to play the game cuase thats going to annoy me and also now when i start up the game it goes to full screen shows the x3 splash for about 20 seconds then blue screens and says something about driver not less or equal? so basically i can't get the game to work even when i have unplugged my drive.

Comment

You've to unplug your drives all the time you want to play such a SF Game.
              You can build a switch to power off your drives, so you don't have to open your pc-case all the time. Try uninstalling the SF drivers using this program:

Then start x3, x3 will aks you to restart the pc, do that.
              Then start x3 again and try f it's correctly working now.

Does it work correctly (without BSOD) when you use the original CD/DVD?

Comment

dont know whether it works with the original cd as i lost it, thats why im doin all this whith the unplugging and stuff

Comment

not working

i did that thing you said to do with the drivers and stuff im not sure what it was supposed to do but im still getting BSOD with mesasage IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL after about 20 seconds of splash

Comment

Updated!

I got the latest patch of X3! 1.4.0.3 and guess what it contained a new patch for the starforce . BUT! It STILL can get around the protection. Good work StarForce Team !!!
                    Maybe next time they work aout a better protection for nForce 2 based cards too.

Asus a7n8x e-deluxe nForce2, 120 gb Samsung SATA drive, 80 gb Segate IDE drive, Asus 1604p DVD+-RW optical drive.

StarForce Workaround method:
                    Primary master :Segate 80 gb
                    Primary slave :
                    Secondary master :Asus dvdrw
                    Secondary slave :
                    SATA1 :Samsung 120 gb
                    SATA2 :

Sofware used:
                    Daemon Tools 4.03
                    &
                    after installing Starforce drivers with the first game....(X3)
                    i used the sfremove from the X3 crack.
                    I run the game
                    and ... of course to no avail
                    drive unplugging worx
                    installed other games... pop3, trackmania sunrise, lortbfme2, Blasing angels of ww2 etc.
                    works with unplugging, NOT without.

Disabled BOTH IDE drives: Nforce IDE Controller 2.6

EVERYthing worx, even after installing new games

Tryed at work with Asus P4SDX (pld intel mobo), STILL works with controllers selectivly disabled.

"reece118" DO NOT unplug the drives while the computer is under power, or do NOT disable drives that MUST be used to run the game (ex: u have an IDE drive and a cd-rom plugged to the onboard IDE controller, and u disable both drives, or u have in use one of the drives that u are disabling).

And Another Thing... If u Really WANT results u should get a SATA based IDE Extension Card, so u can disable the standard IDE (BOTH) and run the software from the Expansion Card card. (it is cheap, less than 19$). The thing is to NOT give UP. READ carefully and use everything that can be done. Try to find workarounds based on what i Wrote down. That is all. PEACE

Comment

Forum!

btw. Why takes 8-24 hours for the reply to appear?

Comment

Originally Posted by gyuri
                        btw. Why takes 8-24 hours for the reply to appear?
                        The forums are moderated, as stated in the Common Problems and Solutions forum, by the way.
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have been able to crack it by simply disableing the IDE feed on my intel mobo. The trick is you have to change the controller from Automatic to manual then disable the primamry drive. But be forewarned you need to have an Sata hard disk or you machine will crash. I know it is a pain to go in and change it back to enabled every time you are done, but it is better than cracking the tower. Also, i found that you have to disable the secondary drive IDE feed in the windows device manager. I have only tested this on windows XP and so far it is working with the patch. I also tested this on a Xplio laptop and an old Azus Mobo and it works AS LONG as you disable to secondary feed in the device manager. I dont know if the forum is active but hope it helps.

Comment

my pc

my pc configuration is the following:

AMD athlon fx-57
                            2x geforce 7900gtx 512 mb sli
                            2gb ram corsair
                            soundblaster x-fi elite pro
                            hard disk: western digital 150gb 10,000rpm
                            and a 300gb maxtor 7200rpm
                            power supply 1000W sli certified
                            logitech z-5500 5.1 speakers
                            Plextor dvd-rw-cd dual layer 16x
                            LG dvd-rw dl

SUPERB, ISNґT??????

Comment

What has this todo with this Thread ?
                              You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                              sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

What do i disable at hardware devices on my nforce 4 motherboard? i have sata hdd so i recon it would be safe for me to disable it but what is the name of the ide controllers that i should disable?

Comment

Working...
                                X