StarForce easy Solution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarForce easy Solution...

Well... i can play all of my backed up games with a little work in device manager, and WITHOUT unplugging drives.

I understand that when disconnecting CD\DVD drives, games tend to work in a 90%. But when disabling in device manager or SFNightmare the protection still recognizes the cd\dvd drive... then why not DISABLE the CONTROLLER so NO check of the drive can be made?

Simply put the cd-rom drive on the secondary channel and disable this channel from the device manager. 4me it WORX.
    for people with nForce boards, they cannod disable just the secondary channel but i hope they have SCSI or SATA drives.

Hope it worx forya.

With which games is this working for you?
    Normally that isn't working for SF > 3.4 anymore.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

pop3 t2t, x3 with patch 1.402, trackmania sunrise, spellforce 2

Comment

For us with a nforce motherboard, we can use the nForceware 6.66 or before to disable the secondary channel.
        Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

Will this method work on StarForce 3.6 and up?

Comment

Yes it is working and this is not a new method.I have nforce 4 chipset motherboard and sata harddrives and by disabling the whole pata controller i can play pop t2t , toca race driver 3 and x3 reunion from backups without unplugging.By the way i think that this is working only for nforce , uli and ati chipsets based motherboards.

Comment

It is working on non nForce boards too, at leasdt on every one that i tried, Asus P4SDX tested and worx (sec channel disabled).

Comment

Not working for me with Rainbox Six Lockdown.

Comment

what can you say about disabling cd-rom from bios?

Comment

Does not run. As long as there is a physical connection between the device and the motherboard, SF is able to detect it...
                    Carpe diem

Comment

u can still try disabling the ide controller from BIOS. Worth a try

Comment

I have an ABIT AV8 and I have tried to disable in IDE 2 CONTROLLER which is the the controller that has both IDE CDROMS and the IDE 1 has my hard drives. Doing so, I have not had any luck with the following games

POP3
                        X3
                        Sunrise Xtreme
                        King Kong
                        GT Legends
                        Toca Race Driver 2

It works for Starforce 3.4 but StarForce 3.6 or higher it does not work.

Comment

How can SF detect the drives when the *controller* is completely disabled?!

Comment

lol im a noob

lol im sort of a bit of a noob with all this disabling primary and secondary things. could you sort of explain noob style how to make x3 work thnk

Comment

Deactivating wouldn't work for X3 (only if you have a NForce 3/4 board). The only way to get it worling, is to unplug your drives!
                              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                              X