No announcement yet.

StarForce easy Solution...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, u can disable anything that is under the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" in the device manager.
    That should do tha trick

Comment

StarForce without unplugging cd-roms

On StarForce version 3.7.12.5, if you make it to go on not-responding, when it is starting, you can play the game (Lada Racing Club) without the cd and with cd-roms plugged. You just need the DPM MDS image. Maybe this thing works with other versions.

Comment

StarForce 3.7.12.5 with cd-roms

This is checked with StarForce version 3.7.12.5 (Lada Racing Club)

Maybe this way works with other versions of StarForce.

Mount full game image with Daemon. MDS file must be without DPM.
        Launch the game and when StarForce is checking disk make ir to go on Not-Responding (press Cancel a lot of times and wait a minute). Then with Task Manager End Starforce and game processes.
        Unmount image. Change used MDS with the one who has DPM (39kb). Mount image. Start the game without unplugging cd-roms.

If it doesn't work from the first time, remove old Starforce drivers, and then launch the game, it will install new drivers (you will need to reboot your pc). On some computers disc checking is very fast and it is imposible to make StarForce to go on Not-Responding, to fix this you need to remove StarForce drivers and then install them with the game.

Comment

i dont think this method will really work.. if u can get it to work by chance u get it.. otherwiseu don/t

Comment

It realy works with 3.7.12.5 version of StarForce on every pc

Comment

Alright, could someone please explain to me how exactly to set your CD/DVD player onto a secondary channel, then disable the channel? I'm a huge n00b when it comes to this stuff, so you need to explain very clearly and step-by-step for me. Yes, I have an Nforce4 motherboard.

Comment

Alright, could someone please explain to me how exactly to set your CD/DVD player onto a secondary channel, then disable the channel? I'm a huge n00b when it comes to this stuff, so you need to explain very clearly and step-by-step for me. Yes, I have an Nforce4 motherboard.

The CD/DVD drive u hae to set it manually by moving/addig some jumpers on the desired drive.(yes i mean u have to open the PC and do stuff in it )

U will find a stisker or something describing the right setting

Remember that if u have another device u have to set it to something other. (slave-slave or master-master config does NOT work, and in some cases cable select either.)

Study the sticker carefully because there are drives that NOT support a slave device when set to master, due to the fact that there is another MASTER setting WITH slave support.

Anyway. the sticker should explain it all.

And about the disabling devices, i had explained it already in this thread, a few pages up.

good luck.

Comment

This has been working for me for ages now. And this is the best get-around known to mankind for Starforce v3 now. But this method only works with nForce 3/4 motherboards because they have special IDE controllers. Chills!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmmm.... Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to 'Starforce NOT so easy solution.'

Comment

Help

I have a nforce 2 based motherboard....but a ATA HDD....set to primary master....and my dvd-wr ASUS set to secondary master...

The only problem is...when i access IDE/ATA ATAPI CONTROLLER in device manager...I can't disable any of the channels....not that I want to disable the first(hdd) but only for the second...so I can have a chance to play sf3 games without doing the "manual" job...

Comment

it is not Working with selective channel disabeling..... u MUST disable the CONTROLLER. (get a SATA Drive )

Comment

Done

i managed to do it in the end but the game was just so slow i couldnt bare it and ive just stopped playing, i feel happy i beat starforce,thats good enough 4 me

and thanks 4 your help

Comment

I have a nvidia v4 chip set and a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B Firmware v0.5 burner
                            worked a treat with the philips DVD+RW 1-4x disc's
                            burn speed @ 4x
                            using clonecd to hide media

Runs like orginal disk no slow down with cd check
                            Disc cost Ј2 was expencive but it works can get the cheaper online just couldn't be bothered to wait so went to the shop.

Comment

Working...
                            X