SecuROM Loader Auto-load Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecuROM Loader Auto-load Feature?

I am trying to run FEAR 1.04 with DT still running, so I downloaded SecuROM Loader 1.2 and gave it a try. It works, but now I want to try to get the auto-load feature to work. I am a n00b at using extra "commands", but in the help file it says
    Commands:

To run the file directly

-r <Path>
    asr.exe -r C:\Games\Securom\Main.exe
    So, I made a .bat file and put the line "asr.exe -r C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe" in it. But, when I run it, the Open window still comes up to locate the .exe file. A console window also opens, but it just seems like the command line isn't working, even though it's exactly the same as in the help file. I really don't have any idea what I'm doing, I just assumed that this is what they mean when they say to use commands. Any idea as to why it doesn't work?
    Last edited by iissmart; 27.04.2006, 22:53.
    --iissmart--

The asr.exe part should be in quotes. The -r C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe part should not be in quotes. So a shortcut path should look like this.

"C:\location of asr\asr.exe" -r C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe

Comment

i don't use ASR but i'm pretty sure this is what you need to do...

"C:\location of asr\asr.exe" -r "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe"

any folder/directory with a space in it, you'll need to wrap quotes around it...!!! no quotes around the command -r

C:\ASR\ASR.exe -r c:\Games\Game01\game.exe
      see no spaces in the path, so no quotes..!!!

"C:\Anti Secu Rom\ASR.exe" -r "c:\My Games\My Game 01\game file.exe"
      the above commandline has spaces in it so you'll have to wrap "quotes" around the PATHS only, do not wrap quotes around the command -r for ASR...

hope this helps...
      Mail:
      curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

When I typed that, I didn't actually mean that the quotes are part of the line, I just used the quotes to represent the line that I typed. Whoops.

The .bat file is in the same directory of asr.exe, so I assumed no file path was needed.

I tried putting quotes like this: "asr.exe" -r C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe but it still didn't work.

The exact line that I have in the .bat file is like this:
        asr.exe -r C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe
        --iissmart--

Comment

OK I was going to edit my 2nd post here but it seems like the moderation takes like 20 minutes for it to appear so I'll just double post.

I used sYk0's tips, so the line is now
          Code:
          "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SecuROM Loader 1.2\asr.exe" -r "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe"
          The CD spins up and it begins to load automatically, but then an error saying "Failed to initialize client - unable to load game resources." appears. It is a FEAR error. How can I get rid of this message?
          --iissmart--

Comment

So evidentally it takes ~50 minutes to go through moderation...

Anyway, I meant to add that I don't get that error message if I run asr.exe normally and manually click the FEAR.exe file, so the game can load fine unless I try the auto-load feature, in which it gives me the error message I stated above.

I pressed 'post' at 9:35
            --iissmart--

Comment

If you want to use ASR to automatically to run a game, You'll need to copy ASR.exe into the directory of each game.

e.g.: F.E.A.R
              Copy asr.exe to the directory where F.E.A.R is installed (Default: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR"), right click on "asr.exe" select "Send To" -> "Desktop (create shortcut)".
              Now right click on the new shortcut you have just created ("Shortcut to asr.exe") and select "Properties", the "Target:" must be "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\asr.exe" -r FEAR.exe

I tested it and it works 100%...

Just remember, you'll have to copy asr.exe into the directory of each game... but is only a few KB, so nothing to worry about...
              Last edited by sYk0; 28.04.2006, 09:30.
              Mail:

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0
                If you want to use ASR to automatically to run a game, You'll need to copy ASR.exe into the directory of each game.

e.g.: F.E.A.R
                Copy asr.exe to the directory where F.E.A.R is installed (Default: "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR"), right click on "asr.exe" select "Send To" -> "Desktop (create shortcut)".
                Now right click on the new shortcut you have just created ("Shortcut to asr.exe") and select "Properties", the "Target:" must be "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\asr.exe" -r FEAR.exe
                instead of copying the file, is it possible to make shorcuts for the games, like:

Target:
                "C:\Program Files\ASR\asr.exe" -r C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\FEAR.exe

or

Target:
                "C:\Program Files\ASR\asr.exe" -r FEAR.exe

but "execute in" (my german translation for "ausf&#252;hren in"):
                C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR\

edit: @Syk0: ha, was faster. ^^
                Last edited by g31; 28.04.2006, 09:53.
                no way to hav phun wth sciendz

Comment

if you'd like to use asr.exe file without coping it into the directory of each game do the following:

e.g. Shortcut:
                  go to the directory where asr.exe is located (i'll use: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SecuROM Loader 1.2"), right click on asr.exe select "Create Shortcut", you'll have a new shortcut ("Shortcut to asr.exe"), right click on the shortcut, select "Properties".
                  in the "Target:" at the end of the target add the command -r and the name of the game executable FEAR.exe, you target should be:
                  "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SecuROM Loader 1.2\asr.exe" -r FEAR.exe
                  In "Start In:" remove the old directory path and add the directory path to where the game executable is located...
                  "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR"
                  click Apply then OK, you can now run the game from the shortcut(you can move or copy the shortcut to the location of your choice)...

@ g31... you bugger...
                  Last edited by sYk0; 28.04.2006, 09:54.
                  Mail:

Comment

Below are the commands for a .bat file without copying asr.exe to each directory...
                    @ECHO OFF
                    c:
                    cd\
                    cd "C:\Program Files\Sierra\FEAR"
                    "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SecuROM Loader 1.2\asr.exe" -r FEAR.exe
                    Last edited by sYk0; 28.04.2006, 10:12.
                    Mail:

Comment

Alternative

Or you could just use daemon script

Comment

You don't really need the third line of you batch file, as "c:\program files\sierra\fear" is an absolute path...
                        Carpe diem

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, I got it working using sYk0's advice (post #9 on page 1).

Thanks!
                          --iissmart--

Comment

Working...
                          X