No announcement yet.

Oblivion mini image?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To say the truth i hadn't thought of creating another mini image for comparison...

Edit: But i just corrected that error... and I am no longer sure that strange behavior is only Oblivion related! I was able to create a BF2 mini image that looked ok, on closer examination only the files that were in the root of the DVD had the correct sizes shown but all the folders had 0 KB as size despite the "mini" image being like 15 megs. I gave oblivion one more shot, and here ALL files show up in explorer as having 0 KB size...

I have no clue what could be causing this...
    Last edited by DarkG; 04.05.2006, 04:11.

Comment

filter driver

CD/DVD filter driver?

A topic which shows how to determine drivers in use: No drive letter(s) assigned to the virtual drive(s), or virtual drive(s) disappear
      Last edited by Underheaven; 04.05.2006, 10:59.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Checked and the following is installed:
        cdrom.sys
        imapi.sys
        Pxhelp20.sys
        redbook.sys
        storprop.dll

pxhelp20 looks like a driver from my plextools, but i have no idea what imapi.sys is!
        Just to have mentioned it: my virtual drive appears in the explorer and works fine. And i can create a working full image of oblivion.
        It is just the mini image, which when mounted shows the files in it with 0KB instead of the correct sizes.

Comment

Originally Posted by DarkG
          but i have no idea what imapi.sys is!
          "IMAPI Kernel Driver" is used by windows implemented burning software.

greetings
          no way to hav phun wth sciendz

Comment

@DarkG
            Again no answer to your '0 KB files'-problem, but maybe you wanna try another tool for cutting Alcohol-images, namely ISO Directory 0.5
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

fyi:
              IMAPI = Image Mastering Application Programming Interface. I guess it's used by a bunch of lightweight programs that don't provide their own cd burning ability.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex
                @DarkG
                Again no answer to your '0 KB files'-problem, but maybe you wanna try another tool for cutting Alcohol-images, namely ISO Directory 0.5
                Thanks for the tip! i did try it how ever when i try to open the mdf with the tool i get a I/O error 32 what ever that is.
                So this method too is not working for me unfortunatly..

Comment

Originally Posted by DarkG
                  Thanks for the tip! i did try it how ever when i try to open the mdf with the tool i get a I/O error 32 what ever that is.
                  IOError 32 is : "The process cannot access the file because
                  it is being used by another process."

i hope it helps in anyway.

greetings
                  no way to hav phun wth sciendz

Comment

Do you have your full image still mounted unintentionally (maybe also when your mini-image worked one time, this doesn't only happen to noobs :wink: ) ?
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@g31 thx for the info the full image was indeed mounted! :P

@Terramex... guilty as accused! at least on the first count!
                      I have DT set to have one snigle virtual drive so even if i were a n00b... which i am not in anyway admitting to ;P , i couldn't have had the mini and the full image loaded at the same time!

So does all of this and the fact that i was able to open the full image in iso directory mean i have a mini image now? Well the no longer so surprising answer is no! Still no mini image, or rather, now i have one where aside of the oblivion icon and the autorun.inf all files are again at 0KB.
                      Of course as i am not familiar with the iso directory tool, maybe i need some special settings? What i did was load the image and then hit the trim file button and save the result. Should i have changed any thing in the setting?

Comment

What if you try making a mini-image on another computer and then testing to see that the files do not show as 0kb and then sending yourself the data files to mount on your original computer. I would try and confirm you have a successful mini-image and then worry about the explorer file system view next.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

mini image bugs

i played oblivion with mini image and it has bugs but when i played with full dpm image it worked fine

Comment

Not really, i play all the time with full image and i get some bugs to like translation, quest bugs etc.
                            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

because with the mini image it would make me slow motion walking but with big image hasnt happened once

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
                                Not really, i play all the time with full image and i get some bugs to like translation, quest bugs etc.
                                Alot of translation and quest bugs are in the game so would be there regardless if using an image or not. There was alot of discussion on the Bethseda forums about it and even an official statement from Pete. Though now there is a patch, I have not tried it to see if alot of those bugs were worked out, but I know the community had put together several mods that fixed certain storyline quests so they work properly.
                                No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X