Top Spin Game too big to burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Spin Game too big to burn

I made a copy of top spin a while ago so i didnt need the cd. Well i want to burn it again cuz im giong to reformat my comp and i dont play it. I burned the first cd no problem. But the second cd is like 741 mbs ( the image) and when i mount it its 630 mbs. Whats the deal with this and how can i burn it?

If you need more info tell me ill post it

Why not use Winrar to compress the image, it will then fit on a cd & you just un-compress it back to your hardrive when you want to play it?

Comment

hmm

Yeah i guess i coudl do that but i wasnt really plannign to put it back just keep it as a cd and was hopping to just burn it as an image i might just do that but see ill wait to see if anyone else has a solution?

Thanks alot though

Comment

@gjivan72
        630 MB is user data (2048 bytes/sector), main part of the rest is sub-channel data (image attached).
        Don't know exactly since which version of Securom sub-channel data isn't needed anymore for a working image, but you can find out whether it's needed for Top Spin :wink: Your original MDS/B5T file won't work with a image without sub-channel data (in case you're using a BWA it doesn't matter), so you also have to measure data position/topology again when creating a new image.

...or just save your MDS/B5T file and create a new image after reinstallation of your OS :wink:
        Last edited by Terramex; 07.05.2006, 22:27.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

At the moment I'm trying to start the updated Top Spin. It's impossible, every time the cd check fails.

Did anybody manage to start an updated Top Spin? The update has no number, likely there's only one.

Comment

Originally Posted by romeon
            At the moment I'm trying to start the updated Top Spin. It's impossible, every time the cd check fails.

Did anybody manage to start an updated Top Spin? The update has no number, likely there's only one.
            How did you create your image? WHich program with which Read settings did you use?
            Did the game work unpatched?
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
            X