error message, sometimes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error message, sometimes..

iv been playing games in iso, nrg forms and they work fine. then i tryed diablo 2 expansion and it worked fine, but the second time i started it up i got the message "cd-rom drive error" which ment that the diablo 2 expansion cd was not in the drive even though it was mounted.
    any advise on how to solve this?

Don't use iso and nrg images.
    A better image format is mds (it is able to save the dpm data and some other necessary things for getting games to work) .
    Get ALcohol 120% (www.alcohol-software.com), install it and start the image making wizard.
    Choose the Securom 4x/5x profile.
    Click next until the image creation starts. After you created your image successful mount the image using DT 4.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Mds

I have the same problem but the format is already MDS and, everytime I select install after Autorun starts up it says "Please Insert CD1"

I have Windows XP Professional

Comment

Originally Posted by Cows
        I have the same problem but the format is already MDS and, everytime I select install after Autorun starts up it says "Please Insert CD1"

I have Windows XP Professional
        Are you talking about diablo 2? How did you create your image (which program and read settings did you use)?

Comment

I'm trying to instal "The Longest Journey". I used Alchohol 120% to make it into an ISO as well as other programs like ISOBuster and some other one that begins with a "U". I kept getting the same message "Please insert CD1". I don't know what's going on

Comment

Is this the two-disc version or the four-disc version? Or are you referring to Dreamfall?

Comment

Why do you create isos with Alcohol and not mdf/mds files?

Comment

It's the 4 disc version of "The Longest Journey 1" and they're already .MDS so that's why I was trying to turn them to .ISO to see what happens. I've tried converting them through the secureROM thing but I keep getting the same message. So, I downloaded from a different source, since the problem could be the file. This version was in an Archive, winRAR, that was split into may pecies. I extracted the files and they turned out to be .CUE and a .BIN. Now, autorun isn't working for this one and it when I open it to select launcher, nothing happens. I converted it to .MDS and it's the same story. I am so confuse now . Any suggestions?

Administration: Banned user for posting about warez, e.g.: was in an Archive, winRAR, that was split into may pecies

LocutusofBorg

Comment

If it's the original TLJ, it won't matter as there is no copy protection. But if it's Dreamfall, he won't be able to make it work with just an ISO image for certain.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                    But if it's Dreamfall, he won't be able to make it work with just an ISO image for certain.
                    Yeah, because it's protected by Starforce 3.7.16.04 (GE).

Comment

In some areas, here it's protected by SecuROM 7 (thank God).

Comment

Working...
                      X