Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Toca Race Driver img from original backups(noob)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Toca Race Driver img from original backups(noob)

Hi,

I have a problem, i have copied my original Toca race driver disks and created img files so that i can use Daemon tools to play it without having to use the CDs all the time. The problem is, when i try and install Toca from the img files (using Daemon tools) it comes up with an error half way through the install saying that it can't find a "sound.cab", is this something to do with my copy or it to do with daemon tools as i didnt have any probs when i installed from origial discs, but as i said, i would prefer to use daemon tools as it saves me swapping discs all the time!!!

Any ideas?

cheers

I used CloneCD to copy the game into hard drive(ccd).No problem installing it from the image,but canґt play the game from the image.Must use the original CD.

I was wondering how you copied the game into hard drive?What program?

Comment

same as karasjok for me. no problem with installing from the images, but the game won't run, even with the original cd. i used the latest update and it seems they have blacklisted dt 3.33!?

Comment

Toca Race Driver seems to be protected with SecuROM V4.8x
        (in that case, CloneCD-Image is useless);

please make image using Alcohol120% (you can use trial-version) using the "SecuROM NEW V4.8x"-Profile, read DPM (try several speeds, most drives should receive correct DPM at 4x) and mount the image you created with Daemon Tools. Report back, if this work for you.

Comment

any news ????work???

Comment

keep an eye on the date of the postings you can bet it work.
            Use latest version of Daemon Tools

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
              Toca Race Driver seems to be protected with SecuROM V4.8x
              (in that case, CloneCD-Image is useless);

please make image using Alcohol120% (you can use trial-version) using the "SecuROM NEW V4.8x"-Profile, read DPM (try several speeds, most drives should receive correct DPM at 4x) and mount the image you created with Daemon Tools. Report back, if this work for you.

After put in the TOCA 2 DVD... the SecuROM V4.8x option disapper...if remove the disk...the option appear again. what can i do?

Comment

DPM for DVD is not yet implemented in Alcohol, so either wait or try Blindwrite.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                X