Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toca race driver 3 starforce fix with starf*ck

---------------------------------------------------------

hi, I've been experimenting all day on how to get toca 3 to work. I've read and learned about that f*cking starforce shit and I have to say it is very pathetic to create such a program but it is even more pathetic for codemasters or ubi , to actually USE it and sell their titles with this infection.
    I wanted to play the game mostly out of curiosity, I dont have the time for games any more and despite the fact that it is really good I will probably uninstall it after 1 month or so, because it's a game and that's all. My life doesn't depend on it. However when you see something that is violating your rights as a customer/citizen then you can spend a lot of time just to beat it, just because you know it shouldn't be happening that way. So I installed the game alright, and got the error protection message when I firstly tried to run it, quite reasonably... Since there was no such thing as a crack in the game package I started to google it.
    I firstly tried to use the latest version of daemon tools but no success. Then disabled the secondary controller but still no luck (that was mostly strange of a technical view of speaking). Then I installed the latest nforce drivers but my problem was that since I use an ide hard disk, nforce appears in control panel as a unique controller which includes both primary and secondary ide channels, thus if you want to remove just the secondary channel you can't do it. (even if you do remove it the game will not run). After that, things got serious and I tried the physical way... unplugging the IDE cable. To my surprise the game RUN! I played it a bit and found it very very good. That is why I got even more angry because I wouldn't accept this stupid procedure every time I wanted to relax by playing a good game. Plugging and unplugging your drives all the time is not only silly and irritating ,but risky for the motherboard too if you are in hurry. So I said I would dedicate the whole day till I find a solution for this unacceptable situation. After reading and reading and reading about it in many forums and unsuccessful tries of running the game I had almost believed and accepted that starforce was a protection that nobody can brake without unplugging his drives every time, something very few would be willing to do just to play a game. So just about that moment, I ended up here:

HTML Code:
    http://cdmediaworld.com/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?f=Starfuck%20v0.83Beta!rar
    dowload and run the starfuck executable,
    from the main menu you select starforce 3.4.49.x even though it is not the same version the game has but its ok and then click on "deactivate drives" or something like that ( I dont remember because the menu is in german). I didnt believe this would work but to my surprise the game run fully!!! Yes, starfuck is working with toca and probably on many other starforce-infected programs you should try it I dont know. The thing is I decided to post it here because I spent 5 hours on this and I believe others have spent even more. It is a really good game, the best racing simulation in pc's and the most similar game to PS2's gran turismo, something that was missing from pc's for a long time and it's a shame that such techniques are allowed to be used. I haven't seen it mentioned clearly, in any other site that you can do the work with it (the ones I checked) so here it is. No need to remove devices and controllers, no restarts, no physical unplugs (thank god), just this wonderful program that takes a piss at starforce and all its supporters, from programmers to game companies.
    My conclusion apart from toca, starforce, starfuck or any other program/aplication is that all these years that computers are into our lives, the facts have shown that everything changes but this: for every copy protection we have seen from dvd regions to locked cellphones an unlocker has been created and exist, it's just somewhere out there...
    sometimes faster, sometimes later, sometimes easily, sometimes hardly, the sure thing is no matter how you lock a door, there is always a key to unlock it.

thanks for reading and enjoy...

Hi,

I have tried your method but it doesn't work.
    What are you doing after "desactivate drives" in Starf**ck.
    Me, I put my image in DT and Starforce tells me to insert the correct dvd

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Dim-Rules
      Hi,

I have tried your method but it doesn't work.
      What are you doing after "desactivate drives" in Starf**ck.
      Me, I put my image in DT and Starforce tells me to insert the correct dvd

Thanks
      plug off your optical drives.

this way worked for me, also if I deactivate my drives, the protection still sees these... how bad!

so, quite angry, I have unplugged these and all worked.

make sure to use a right image, with a surely working mdf file.

Comment

Yes, unplug the optical drive IS THE solution but it's very boering to open and do this method all the time

Comment

Or do as I did and remove your internal drives and put it/them in an external USB enclosure (you can pick them up for $20-30). Then when you want to play a game that looks for physical drives in the system, just unplug or turn off your USB enclosure. Perhaps more than some people want to get into (especially those with warranties that might be voided by doing so), but it does work. Latest versions of SecuROM play without a hitch when I do this. Though I haven't tested with SF yet, as I have only one SF protected title (Chaos Theory) and it doesn't work under x64.

Comment

well, I have checked the same method in other systems and the percentage of success is around 60-70%, I dont know why and I dont know how it works exactly but the thing is that: This method worked in my system (nforce2 + latest nvidia ide driver installed) but after a format, it doesn't!!! with exactly the same configuration... The only standard method is unplugging the drives... but I'm looking for a solution now... I'll keep you posted...

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
              Or do as I did and remove your internal drives and put it/them in an external USB enclosure (you can pick them up for $20-30). Then when you want to play a game that looks for physical drives in the system, just unplug or turn off your USB enclosure. Perhaps more than some people want to get into (especially those with warranties that might be voided by doing so), but it does work. Latest versions of SecuROM play without a hitch when I do this. Though I haven't tested with SF yet, as I have only one SF protected title (Chaos Theory) and it doesn't work under x64.
              If i put the game in a Ipod it will work ??

Comment

I was referring to making your CD/DVD drives external. Though using your iPod (as an external USB drive) to store the image may fix some blacklist issues with the latest SF. I honestly couldn't say for sure though, as I stated above.

Comment

Still no luck... It is very strange though... Maybe an administrator or somebody that has spent more time on it can explain to me, how can starfuck v0.83 have worked fine when I first tried it, and after formatting it doesn't.
                  The drives are connected the same way as before:

1 WD 80 GB IDE on Primary Master

1 NEC DVD-RW on Secondary Master

One think though:
                  First time it worked I had nforce2 IDE driver 2.6 installed BEFORE I installed the game (and SForce). After format I think I firstly installed the game and the nforce driver afterwards.

Since there is no other IDE controllers - related software on my pc i think the problem must be there, so I have to try removing SForce (not the game! it takes hours to copy) and installing again, it's just Im not on my pc now.

Both times had WIN XP SP2...
                  First time the game run with starfuck v0.83.
                  Now I have tried starfuck but nothing...
                  Also tried SF Nightmare 1.12 by disabling CD drives, Seconary master, Whole Secondary Channel but no luck either. So it must be a "software" trick since hardware config is the same.

Will try a removal and reinstallation of sforce soon...

Comment

toca 3 and starforce

i will uninstall toca 3 because the only way to play the game is unpluging the drives to bypass the starforce protection and this solution is not pratical and i wonґt build a switch (as some members refeer) or another gadget on my drives because i donґt want to turn my pc in a contraption.

i hope the game producers donґt use this protection anymore!!!

if you have any sugestions or comments you may reply

Comment

Originally Posted by miguel149 world famous
                      i will uninstall toca 3 because the [b]only[/b[ way to play the game is unpluging the drives to bypass the starforce protection ......
                      this isn't the only way!! you could also use your original dvd!!

Comment

original dvd???what?

wich original dvd?? do you think i bought the game??
                        the starforce protection cannot detect the drives to make the game run. i have to mount an image with daemon , unplug the drives and play.
                        any software can disable the drives ( the starforce protection still detects the drives) and starfuck stuck the drives forever.

Comment

Working...
                        X