Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed 3.02 and I get "Virtual SCSI driver not detected."

Comment

Well, I see. After you get that error simply right click on the shortcut created on the desktop and selecte run as admin.

Working fine for me and no blue screen yet.

Comment

Hey,

Well crap, after installing Daemon Tools, Windows Vista has to be reactivated, but sadly can not be:

Crap, guess I better uninstall, only 12 days left.

Take Care,

Will

Comment

Originally Posted by Yce
          Hi

I having trouble with this new cool windows
          When I try to install the daemon-tools on the x64 version, after restart I get this error screen before booting:

File: \System32\Drivers\sptd.sys

Info: The image hash cannot be found in the system catalogs.
          The image is likely corrupt or victim of tampering.

I don't know what to do please help me
          Judging by that error, it looks like all that needs to be done is get sptd.sys digitally signed....
          The image hash not being found in the system catalogs should just be vista looking for the SIP's and not finding them, so denying access to run sptd.sys as a kernel mode process... AFAIK anyways...
          SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

Originally Posted by war59312
            Hey,

Well crap, after installing Daemon Tools, Windows Vista has to be reactivated, but sadly can not be:

Crap, guess I better uninstall, only 12 days left.

Take Care,

Will

Screenshot??

I signed in with my Microsoft Live/Passport ID but I just got a blank screen.

Comment

DT v3.33 = No Go Vista Beta 2

So everywhere I've looked, I see "use v3.33". I did use version 3.33 however, on reboot it says "can't find virtual scsi driver" and doesn't load.

Comment

Originally Posted by AmphetaMarinE
                Judging by that error, it looks like all that needs to be done is get sptd.sys digitally signed....
                The image hash not being found in the system catalogs should just be vista looking for the SIP's and not finding them, so denying access to run sptd.sys as a kernel mode process... AFAIK anyways...
                Apparently you should be able to force Vista to use an unsigned driver by pressing f8 at the boot menu and choosing the corresponding option

unfortunately i think this would need to be done at every boot

Comment

I have Vista Beta 2 (5381) and after trying every install paccage non made my computer crash.

However when Deamon tools is told to run an error appears saying can't find "Virtual SCSI driver not detected"

Comment

DT 3.33 = no reboot !!!

"DT v3.33 = No Go Vista Beta 2
                    So everywhere I've looked, I see "use v3.33". I did use version 3.33 however, on reboot it says "can't find virtual scsi driver" and doesn't load."

Sorry guys.... but version 3.33 of Daemon tools installation DOES NOT ASK to reboot or what so ever! This is the reason why it works great with all vista.

Does it ask you to reboot ???
                    Do you reboot yourself ???
                    Do you guys install DT on C: or D: ???

If you don't explain or be more specific... i can't help you.

Thanks for replying
                    http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Okay, I got 3.02 working...

I did get "Virtual SCSI driver not detected.", but restarted and it is working!

Comment

So, are you guys talking about Vista x32 ? I saw someone saying that 3.02 would work on all Vista versions... but I'm assuming they mean the 32-bit ones?

I have had no luck getting DT4.03 x64 to run on Vista Beta 2. I get the sptd.sys crash at startup. I have'nt really done any troubleshooting yet. I wanted to check out if any of you guys had any luch on the 64-bit department.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comment

version 3.02 works fine for me..

Comment

3.02 is working for me on Vista x86 (32bit) build 5384.

Comment

Originally Posted by MrBlack
                              So, are you guys talking about Vista x32 ? I saw someone saying that 3.02 would work on all Vista versions... but I'm assuming they mean the 32-bit ones?

I have had no luck getting DT4.03 x64 to run on Vista Beta 2. I get the sptd.sys crash at startup. I have'nt really done any troubleshooting yet. I wanted to check out if any of you guys had any luch on the 64-bit department.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
                              i haven't found any virtual drive software that works in vista x64

Comment

Why It isn't working for some

What nobody has said, that I can see, is that before you install v3.33 in Vista you must disable UAP first. This is the protection layer that causes all those annoying popups everytime you try to do something. This is done by the following.
                                start/administrative tools/system configuration/tools scroll down and click on Disable UAP/ click launch and then reboot

Once you have done that, v3.33 will install and work perfectly well in 5384.4.

Comment

Working...
                                X