X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Don't need this to install it!
    http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

I have disabled UAP, restarted and tried to install 3.33, but all I get from Deamon Tools after install and restart is this error:

"No language support detected"

Any idea? Should I try 3.02?

Comment

Have to activate Windows Vista again - but cannot

I got 3.02 installed now, but now Vista says I need to activate Windows within 14 days, and trying to activate over Internet fails with a longish error code... Jeeeez

Is it due to the disabling of UAP or the installation of 3.02 itself?

Comment

if online activation fails, unplug your network cable and use the phone activation

Comment

I have been reading this thread, gave it a shot, and I got Daemon Tools v3.33 to install on the first try!

My environment:
            * Windows Vista Beta 2 (5384) 32-bit (x86)
            * Vista is my primary OS on the C: drive
            * UAP is OFF
            * Dell Inspiron 6000 (Laptop)
            * Lots of other software already installed and running

Installation Steps:
            1. Created a restore point (always a good idea)
            2. Ran daemon.msi (v3.33) normally
            3. I was twice asked if it was okay to install unsigned software: clicked OK both times
            4. Installation completed successfully, no reboots!

I ran the tool and everything seems to work fine. I was surprised it worked because I've never had it work before in previous versions of Vista. The primary difference between now and then was that now I have Vista as my primary OS (on the C: drive). I can't remember if I previously turned off UAP, but that probably had something to do with it as well.

Hopefully this is helpful. Thanks to everyone else who has been working hard and providing feedback!

Comment

I have installed the 3.02 copy of D-tools on 8384 build vsita,
              I disabled upd, but i have a huge problem,.. When i try to mount a image it says Unable to mount the image.File not accessable

also noticed that despite i turned off the UDP protection in administrative tools, it stil says that i dont have enough priviliges if for instance i want to copy fiels from Documents straight to C:\

please help me!

Comment

Ok,.. found the solution,..
                disabled upd , installed D-tools v 3.33 untop of 3.2 and now emulation works,..

Comment

Ok there i go.

My pc:
                  A8n sli deluxe nf4
                  AMD 64 939 3200+ running at 2,0ghz
                  2gb ram generic
                  ATI x1900xtx
                  Windows Vista beta 2

I tryed....
                  everything i found here and on gogle....

If i install DT 4.03 i got the SPTD error when reboot.
                  If i install alcohol 64 bits i get the SPTD error when reboot.
                  If i install DT 3.02 or 3.2 or 3.33 i get the http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6826/17rt3.jpg error, or similar on diferent version...
                  If i disable the UAP and install the 3.02 or 3.2 or 3.33 i still get the error, after reboot or not, always the same.

To disable the UAP im going, control panel, admns tools, system config, tools, disable UAP, launch, then the prompt say everything is ok, then i reboot.

But i come back and boooom, dont work again...

Actualy everything in my pc is working fine with the vista beta 2, the only thing what i must have working is DT and i cant....

Plz help!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by moreniu
                    Ok there i go.

My pc:
                    A8n sli deluxe nf4
                    AMD 64 939 3200+ running at 2,0ghz
                    2gb ram generic
                    ATI x1900xtx
                    Windows Vista beta 2

I tryed....
                    everything i found here and on gogle....

If i install DT 4.03 i got the SPTD error when reboot.
                    If i install alcohol 64 bits i get the SPTD error when reboot.
                    If i install DT 3.02 or 3.2 or 3.33 i get the http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6826/17rt3.jpg error, or similar on diferent version...
                    If i disable the UAP and install the 3.02 or 3.2 or 3.33 i still get the error, after reboot or not, always the same.

To disable the UAP im going, control panel, admns tools, system config, tools, disable UAP, launch, then the prompt say everything is ok, then i reboot.

But i come back and boooom, dont work again...

Actualy everything in my pc is working fine with the vista beta 2, the only thing what i must have working is DT and i cant....

Plz help!!!!
                    I'm at the same place as you are..

Comment

If you use 64bit vista you can NOT install v3.x and earlier versions, they don't support 64bit OS.
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Im trying to get daemon tools to work in vista x64 beta2

You can permanently disable the digital driver signing enforcement (will be removed in release thou)

cmd: Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

However if I try to install SPTD nothing happens when I boot, it just starts the installation again.. maybee it can be installed manually somehow?

Comment

Re: All Vista Beta 2 (build 5384.4) posts go here!

Originally Posted by Terr1
                          Im trying to get daemon tools to work in vista x64 beta2

You can permanently disable the digital driver signing enforcement (will be removed in release thou)

cmd: Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON

However if I try to install SPTD nothing happens when I boot, it just starts the installation again.. maybee it can be installed manually somehow?
                          DAEMON Tools 4.xx is NOT compatible (ie. the drivers will not work and you can't make a driver suddenly work just by turning off the digital signature checking) with recent betas (it did work on older versions of Vista beta's).
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

3.33 under 5384.4 "No language support"

English UK fwiw

Comment

So at the moment there is no way to get Daemon working in x64 Vista Beta 2?

Comment

Is there any version of DT,s that works with Vista 5384 64bit?

Comment

Working...
                                X