Doesn't work with dell laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ziuck
    That does not work. You get "Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for." in the event log.
    This is an informational message from the SPTD part of DAEMON Tools. You will not experience any decreased functionality or problems because of it. DAEMON Tools will continue to work fine. That message isn't specifially caused by the Wave software. Many users report seeing it in the event log (so, you can view it as a separate issue than the dell software incompatibility).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Can't install DT 4

I uninstalled 3.47 and tried to install 4.03HE for 32 bit but I recieved an error. The error comes after I hit ACCEPT for the agreement.

Internal Setup Error. Contact support.

I have a 64 bit processor but I only have 32 bit XP pro on it.

When I run the 64 bit install. I only get to double click the .exe and I get an unsupported platform error.

Other than that it is a stock M90 by Dell.

What is the problem? Any Ideas?

note: post moved to dell thread

Comment

I tried the 32 bit. As a matter of fact I started witht he 32 bit, got the error and then tried the 64 bit to see what would happen.

I just went throught this whole elaborte exercise of deleting the sptd files in safe mode, and then trying to install. It started out ok but then I got the ever popular warning message and a reboot prompt.

After the reboot DT came up and acted like it was going to install. I thought I was going to be stuck in the reboot cycle that I have heard so much about, but not me, I was back to the same error as above. Contact Support!!!

I'm trying but there seems to be more questions that support, so I am waiting semi-patiently.

Thanks for any help. I know someone knows more about this thing than me. But if anyone else has had this problem I can't find thier post.

Comment

Check in Add/Remove programs for the Dell EMBASSY suite (by WAVE). It must be uninstalled then reinstalled after you get DAEMON Tools working.

the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

An Update

If anyone is available to help solve this issue please contact me via PM or the "Send email to Underheaven" link on my profile. I will be able to give you more information from wave support.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

The Answer

Thanks, that Dell thing was the problem. First try no more mess.

thanks again.

Comment

Damn... if i try install DT4HE, i see the error message.

I try uninstall DELL EMBASSY suite and after uninstall i install the DT4HE with no problems, BUT if i after install again the DELL EMBASSY suite, i se the ERROR message from DT4HE:

If i again uninstall DELL EMBASSY suite, the DT4HE again work safe.

Can anyone help me, what i can install and what i can't install from DELL EMBASSY suite ??

THX a lot

Holy

Comment

Originally Posted by HolyKiller
                  Damn... if i try install DT4HE, i see the error message.

I try uninstall DELL EMBASSY suite and after uninstall i install the DT4HE with no problems, BUT if i after install again the DELL EMBASSY suite, i se the ERROR message from DT4HE:

If i again uninstall DELL EMBASSY suite, the DT4HE again work safe.

Can anyone help me, what i can install and what i can't install from DELL EMBASSY suite ??

THX a lot

Holy

i'm a DELL Latitude D620 user, i uninstalled the embassy suite , installed daemon . . . , but now i can't find the embassy instalation files (could someone tell where to look ?) plz

Comment

Dell XPS M1210

hi there, i can't seem to get DT 4.03 to work on my xps m1210. After installing the SPTD driver, windows xp fails to load on the next reboot. Subsequently, it does load, after like 3 to 4 reboots and the cycle just repeats (xp taking about 4 reboots just to start up). Anyone has any idea how to correct this?

much appreciated.

Comment

Hello,

I have a Dell D820 Dual core and I have been having the same problems.

To get around it I did the following.

1. Instead of just clicking on the deamon tools setup file, right-click it and select "run as.." and provide the local administrator credentials. Once its done installing the SPTD driver, its going to ask you to restart. go ahead and restart.

2. login with your regular user account. Althought daemon-tools setup is expected to startup again, it wont. So, once again run the setup by right-clicking on it ans select "run as..." and provide the local administrator credentials and this time it would work.

It looks like that wave systems embasy trust suite is whats doing it. I just rebuilt the machine and loaded the latest version available a the dell web site.

I am also running into another problem now when I try to install my mcafee antivirus program where explorer.exe crashes. You can check this link out to help you out with that:

Comment

I am curious whether porblems with Dell Embassy Suite software still exist with SPTD ver 1.29?

(http://duplexsecure.com/downloads/)

Any comments from Dell laptops users who installed SPTD ver 1.29?

Comment

Yes, I just tried installing daemon tools latest version and still have the described problems.
                          However, the tip to install it by using "run as" worked.
                          Last edited by WannabeArtist; 07.10.2006, 17:24.

Comment

The "Run As" tip doesn't work for me.

I get his error upon restart and the following error in the system event log
                            "Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for ."

Using SPTD 1.29
                            Any update on this bug?
                            I need the WAVE Embassy Suite - bad as it is - as I use the biometric reader and the TPM.

Comment

Please provide binary data from error in event log.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                                Please provide binary data from error in event log.
                                Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 52 00 ......R.
                                0008: 00 00 00 00 04 00 04 c0 .......А
                                0010: 9b 00 00 00 01 00 40 00 .....@.
                                0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
                                0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Comment

Working...
                                X