No announcement yet.

Doesn't work with dell laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just reformatted and reinstalled windows on my D820 today. Along with that I decided to make use of my fingerprint reader again. I was able to install the SPTD through DOS mode but D-Tools still wouldn't. I did the 'run as' trick and got it installed. However, you have to 'run as' EVERY TIME you start DTools. I told it to not auto-start and I basically start DTools manually using run as on the shortcut. I personally don't need Nero running 100% of the time so it's not so bad so long as it's working. Nero's image drive kinda sucks.

Comment

It seems to be the only way to do it. I've also removed it from the startup and I run it manually using the Run As.
      It's not perfect, but at least it works for now.

I do hope someone can come up with a solution.

Comment

WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe

I had the same problem and noticed that my xpize install modified something with my Windows Installer. Simply had to reinstall the Windows Installer redistribuable package and everything worked. (Had to disable the "releoad resource" option from Xpize 4.6 Beta 1)

Ciao!

Comment

Solved the same problem on a new DELL M65

New here, just joined to report a possible solution already supplied on a different thread.

I saw a recommendation to "Run as" Administrator.

No help I thought I'm already logged on as an Administrator.

BUT

Right click the installer and select Run as:

ON the Run as dialog

Do not select - Current user (MYPC\Administrator)

* This didn't work I still got the same error after the reboot.

Select - The following user and re-enter your Admin details and Password

* This worked for me reboot and then succesful install.

Comment

Working...
          X