Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: hexalock

Experienced User

think hexalocks check was for bad sectors on the cd/dvd, then it extracted the exe from certain sectors, xor'd it against a magic key (simple), then shelled that exe...

any luck with the above suggestion. This tool would be of great assistance. I own the Original so the ability to run it from the Lap top and now have to take a case of cd's into the field where they get ruined would be of great help

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by mistaken View Post
    any luck with the above suggestion. This tool would be of great assistance. I own the Original so the ability to run it from the Lap top and now have to take a case of cd's into the field where they get ruined would be of great help
    well, if i remember right, it runs, does the cdcheck, extracts the 'real' exe to the temp folder, and executes that, so u could try running it, alt-tabbing and checking your temp folders...

Default :-( Didn't work for me, need DT Hexalock solution...

Quote Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
    well, if i remember right, it runs, does the cdcheck, extracts the 'real' exe to the temp folder, and executes that, so u could try running it, alt-tabbing and checking your temp folders...
    I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work for me. If you read through the descriptions of this method at www.hexalock.com, I think it sounds a little different than what you described. Anyway, I think you can download trial material from the website, and order a sample protected CD to "play" with.

DT wizards, can we see this in the next version

Default Hexalock emulation detection

I think the Hexalock website also says (in the FAQ) that they use some method to detect CD emulation. I own a legitimate copy of the software I'm trying to copy -- I just want to use it as an image on the HD rather than dragging around & scratching up the original CD. But if there's emulation detection and blocking, even if the image is copied correctly, it won't work with DTools.

Now what :-)

Master

Yeah, but they say the same thing about SecuROM, Safedisc and Starforce.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpriest View Post
    I think the Hexalock website also says (in the FAQ) that they use some method to detect CD emulation. I own a legitimate copy of the software I'm trying to copy -- I just want to use it as an image on the HD rather than dragging around & scratching up the original CD. But if there's emulation detection and blocking, even if the image is copied correctly, it won't work with DTools.

Now what :-)
    OH MY GOD - are you serious? Or are you employee of "Hexalock"?

What do you think we guys do the whole day? Play with our balls?
    Of course it would work - IF we would support it

Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
    OH MY GOD - are you serious? Or are you employee of "Hexalock"?
    Of course it would work - IF we would support it
    Whoa, take it slow, man! No one is trying to insult you All I meant is that the current D-Tools version won't work against Hexalock even if one of us could figure out how to make a perfect 1:1 image with Alcohol or something else. We all know that any scheme can be broken and taken care of in the next version of D-Tools... that's exactly what I was hoping might happen

Experienced User

Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
    hahaha, hey wait, I do that all day too :S

Anyhow, Doesnt look like Hexalock will really be inpacting games anytime soon unless they are games released on CD and not DVD.

Most companies will boast 100% copy protection. But if you pay attention to their wording, you can see they are saying it just cannot be copied by standard means (such as making an image with UltraISO wont work) But DT/Pro with Dumper, ect.. Or Alcohol 120%, Blindwrite, just needs the support added in for them to make copies.

Kinda odd that in todays age, a company would not have support for DVD. Makes you wonder if it is just an old style SafeDisc Scheme or not with a few extras added in to make it look "new"
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Default Any news

Hi,

I have the same problem as Mistake. I own a legit copy of the protected CD, which holds PDF's. I need to back-up the disk. I have trip looking at the usual stuff, but nothing works. Someone mentioned that Daemon Tools may release a copy protection setting in a later release.

Does anyone have an update to this

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast