• Show
Clear All

we maybe look into it further - but not yet. The tasklist is
    atm full. Nevertheless, that does not mean we do NOT plan
    to support hexalock, it is only not on our priority-list

Comment

Any update? would like to have this

Comment

Just a week ago you're told that's not a high priority, and you're already asking if they've made any progress?

Comment

Sorry... Its just really annoying me I can't print something a manual I own...

Comment

Even when DT will support you'll still not be able to print. And I seriously doubt that hexalock can protect against printing. What you describe sounds like your PDF files are locked against printing. Printing disabling is a PDF flag.
            Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
            In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Bad news?

Hi there to all of you. Just joined.

I too am stuck with a CD that seems to be protected with Hexalock.

Here are the FAQ's of the system, and it dont look like good news... http://www.eliteetp.com/hexalockfaq.html

Quote: " Is it possible to copy a HexaLock copy protected CD-ROM using a CD recorder or a duplication machine?

No. The unique set of elements added to the protected product during the mastering process assures that any illegal copy of the protected product will never be the same as the original and will lack essential information for the normal operation of the protected software.

If numbers count to you guys at DT then count me in on the number of people who desperatly need an emulator.

I could send the original Cd in to you, but unlike previous users mine cannot be replaced for $25, I would need to pay $600 for a new one. I am more than happy to send it special/insured delivery with money for return delivery if thats whats needed to create an emulator - provided I would be able to get it back in a reasonabe timeframe (2/3 weeks).

For the meanwhilst we'll just stick it out using the original.

Kindest regards, Miriam

Comment

Correction^^^

I actually meant to quote the following from their website:

Is it possible to use an illegitimate copy or a CD-ROM image of a HexaLock protected CD-ROM with CD emulation software?

No. Unlike other protection schemes, the HexaLock CD-ROM copy protection scheme has implemented sophisticated procedures designed to detect CD-ROM emulations and virtual CD software.

Comment

Now supports DVD

Originally Posted by Dllfile View Post
                  Kinda odd that in todays age, a company would not have support for DVD. Makes you wonder if it is just an old style SafeDisc Scheme or not with a few extras added in to make it look "new"
                  Now supports DVD

Comment

Any progress on hexalock..still seems unbreakable...

Comment

Not yet - atm., our tasklist is more or less full. Usual, such
                      decisions are announced (should we decide to support it).

But I can tell you - even IF, it will not make it into public
                      version. Such minor task is subject to DT Pro (non-free version
                      of DT).

But so far, our customers seems to be uninterested in such
                      feature. We have alot of work and requests for other things.
                      In other words: dont hold your breath

Comment

Hexlock Protected disks can be had for $22

The workshop manuals for Jaguar Automobiles use Hexlock, some of them are under $24.

Search on google for these terms:
                        JDHM1146
                        JDHM1143
                        JDHM1176

Those are three of the common ones

Hexlock behaviour:
                        My CD reports 100% full, It shows a bunch of directories, but all appear empty except for the main program and the adobe installer. To view any of the files, I must run the main Hexlock program, and it then reads the PDFs from the disk.

I suspect:
                        The file system on the CD is a non-standard sector format. The Hexlock main program interposes itself and reads the PDF files with non-standard file system format, the streams the data to Adobe reader. In this regard it acts as a kind of proxy or gateway.

This reveals a possible attack... anyone who remembers the old Apple-2 cracking programs "Niffum", "Demuffin" or "Demuffin+" used this approach. Basically:

1. Inspect the main program to determine what sector formatting it uses to read the "hidden" files.

2. Create a small utility that reads with the unconventional format, then writes with standard dos/windows format.
                        Run it against the disk to grab all the "hidden" PDF files.

Now you should have PDF files that can be copied to the hard drive. You still might not be able to print them under Adobe, but at least you can view them without carrying around the CD.

An alternative is to create a utility that receives the stream from the Hexlock main program (it would pretend to be Adobe Reader) and then writes that stream to the disk. This would eliminate the requirement to de-compile the Hexlock main program, and may be easier therefore.

I have a disk with Hexlock, and can probably supply the Hexlock main/gateway program.

Comment

Re: hexalock

PhillyJagMan, this is great information for anyone who feels like taking a stab at removing this protection. The only issue is that the protection is rarely used on video games.
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                          X