hexalock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hexalock

guys thers a copy protection scheme out there called hexalock that boasts a 100% copy protection and image creation. I and couple other friends have thrown everything we had at it and used what we know. nothing seems to work. right now its bascaly low level software that this scheme uses. but if it becomes mainstream, we could have a prob. any ideas? has anybody here figured out how to mak an image of this?

Any titles using hexalock?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

A quick Google search turned up no commercial game titles. Actually, I couldn't find any titles using this copy protection.

Comment

Re: hexalock

Speaking of googling, I found this quote (http://www.digx.com/Resources/auto-lock.pdf)

Operation of Non-Original CD-ROM

3. The mines “explode” and do not allow the program to run.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

no games that i know off rght now (thank god). Mainly commercial software, stock programs, etc. The fear however is that if the game companies catch on to this and it becomes mainstream, then there could be probs. You should read the things on hexalock's site. man these guys are really arrogant and trusting in thier protection scheme.

Comment

Gee, that sounds kind of familiar. Starforce anyone?

Comment

From Hexalock website

#
              Does HexaLock support DVD-ROM?

HexaLock technology is designed to be transportable to other digital platforms in future implementations. Therefore digital rights management and protection of content on hard drives and on the Internet, for example, are possible with HexaLock technology. A HexaLock copy protection solution for DVD-ROM is planned for future release.

So at the moment, considering most new games are on DVD, this would seem not to be a viable protection for publishers.

Comment

I have a major problem with hexalock. I work for a farm equipment company. our manufacturer has chosen to secure thier manuals with hexalock. This is not a problem at first, scince we pay for all of our software, but scince the disc can not be installed permently on the techs laptop, the cd's are becoming scratched up. The company will replace the disc at a charge of 35 dolalrs. this is getting quite expensive. In a perfect world, i don't even want to make back up copies of these disks, i just want to put the disk image on the laptops, and use daemon's to read them.

Thank you to all who take the time to try and help get around this copy protection syste. It really is an unfair disadvantage to those of us who pay for the software.

Comment

pointing to thread # 178983 at cdfreaks

I just discovered that mistaken and maximus26 are cdfreaks visitors. I might as well link to their thread.
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

have we made any progress.

Comment

Re: hexalock

Originally Posted by mistaken
                      have we made any progress.
                      Originally Posted by Jito463
                      A quick Google search turned up no commercial game titles.
                      So I think it has been determined that hexalock is not used on games. That could be called "progress" (determining that it's not an immediate threat).
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Any progress?

i am also having trouble copying a cd with hexalock, the cd is the complete parts catalogue for a vehicle, only available from the manufacturer and at a pricey sum.
                        I borrowed an original, hoping to be able to copy/create image of it and found i couldnt, but after reading all your posts on this thread, it sounds like it cant be done at all.
                        Any help would be much apreciated
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Serious1
                          only available from the manufacturer and at a pricey sum.
                          Originally Posted by Serious1
                          I borrowed an original, hoping to be able to copy/create image of it
                          You do understand the concept of "we do not support warez", right? No matter what the intention or reason, warez talk is not allowed here.

Comment

we will check if it is necessary to implement hexalock-emu.
                            If we see need here, we will implement it in one of our next
                            versions.

Comment

I know myself and my company would be very appreciative if you were able to emulate the hexalock protection features, so that we would not have to carry the original cd's out into the field.

We do own the software, and at a cost of more than 900 dollars, and a replacement disk cost of 100 dollars, it would be much easier as the IT guy, to know that my budget was not going to have to take that hit so often.

Thank you for any help

Comment

Working...
                              X