Hitman: BloodMoney (US-Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by streetwolf
    Anyways,,,, I finally uninstalled A120 and I am now using DT4 (again). I prefer it over A120 except that A120 let's you burn stuff. Of course DT4 Pro will do that and more I am told.
    Nope, DT Pro will only let you create images, not burn them. Why not just leave Alcohol 120 installed and disable the virtual drives?

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0
      "binkw32.dll" is a required file for hitman (it's a video codec) the game will not run without this file.

I don't understand what you mean here, but the "Application Path" in CureROM should point to "HitmanBloodMoney.exe" in the installation directory of the game ("C:\Progam Files\Eidos\Hitman Blood Money" or where ever you installed the game).
      I have the binkw32.dll file, it's just not working for some reason.. Is there anyway I can download another working version of it?

Also, I couldnt point the application path to HitmanBloodMoney.exe because it would give me another binkw32 error.. The only way I could get the game to try and load was by using the autorun.

Comment

I have the binkw32.dll file, it's just not working for some reason.. Is there anyway I can download another working version of it?
        Yeah... reinstall the game... that will install all the game files and required files...

The only way I could get the game to try and load was by using the autorun.
        Well then the anti-blacklists are not going to work if you use the autorun...
        Mail:
        curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
          Nope, DT Pro will only let you create images, not burn them. Why not just leave Alcohol 120 installed and disable the virtual drives?
          I stand corrected then.

Will disabling the A120 drives be good enough to get around any emulator checks? I thought that just having A120 installed might cause these errors.

Comment

Hi I thought since people were on the topic already it would be apropriate to make my post in here... anyway .Msvcr71.dll not found is the error i keep getting when trying to run hitmanBM. Anyone have a solution, or can tell me what type of problem that is?

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0
              Yeah... reinstall the game... that will install all the game files and required files...

Well then the anti-blacklists are not going to work if you use the autorun...
              Ok, I reinstalled and I dont get the missing dll error anymore. But I tried running Securom Loader on the HitmanBloodMoney file, and got the same "Conflict with emulation software detected" error.

I use Daemon Tools, and for emulation what should I have activated? I have Securom and Safedisk activated.

Also, I tried to use curerom and I dont know what to put in the "backup image" line.

Help?

Comment

Depends on if the blacklist looks for the virtual drives or for Alcohol itself. Most of them are smart enough just to look for the presence of the virtual drives. Only one way to be certain, though.

Comment

Originally Posted by The philosopher
                  Ok, I reinstalled and I dont get the missing dll error anymore. But I tried running Securom Loader on the HitmanBloodMoney file, and got the same "Conflict with emulation software detected" error.

I use Daemon Tools, and for emulation what should I have activated? I have Securom and Safedisk activated.

Also, I tried to use curerom and I dont know what to put in the "backup image" line.

Help?
                  I use ASR 1.2 with DT4 and do NOT have any emulator options enabled.

If you followed my posts on this subject you will see that I had all kinds of problems getting HBM 1.1 to run with an image.

I did many uninstalls of Alcohol which I had at the time and even DT4. Tried the new CureROM which worked for one evening then didn't.

Right now I've been able to run HBM for two days with no problems. How I got it working is anyone's guess although it has been suggested that some sort of Registy entry that prevented it from running might have been 'fixed' somewhere along the line.

Comment

hmm ya i cant seem to et this working either, but thwen i try to mount it and play it it says,

Wrong disc inserted.
                    Please insert the original "Hitman Blood Money english" CD/DVD.
                    Please have a look at h**p://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=wrongdisc for further, more detailed information.

i have tried all of the tools to try and bypass the blacklist but still cant get it to work.

Comment

"Wrong disc inserted" suggests that your image file has not been created properly. How did you do that? Which program and settings, and which drive model did you use to create your image?
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

hi, I just want to say that, using a correctly-made image of the game, I manage to run it perfectly with the following procedure:

1) Dowload Securom Loader v1.2 NEW VERSION!!! (it's available in the "downloads" Section of daemon tools website)

2) Download CureRom 2.0.2 from www.curerom.net and install it

3) Mount image on latest Daemon Tools

4) Run CureRom and set it up for the executable of hitman and click "save" and then "close"

5) Run Securom Loader and select again the "hitman.exe" (or whatever its called I dont remember now).

The game runs perfectly.

In case of possible problems

> Uninstall everything and reinstall with the procedure I mentioned. You dont need any other software. Get the image and you are ready to go if you use these two programs.

Comment

Originally Posted by mclisme
                          hi, I just want to say that, using a correctly-made image of the game, I manage to run it perfectly with the following procedure:

1) Dowload Securom Loader v1.2 NEW VERSION!!! (it's available in the "downloads" Section of daemon tools website)

2) Download CureRom 2.0.2 from www.curerom.net and install it

3) Mount image on latest Daemon Tools

4) Run CureRom and set it up for the executable of hitman and click "save" and then "close"

5) Run Securom Loader and select again the "hitman.exe" (or whatever its called I dont remember now).

The game runs perfectly.

In case of possible problems

> Uninstall everything and reinstall with the procedure I mentioned. You dont need any other software. Get the image and you are ready to go if you use these two programs.
                          You used CureROM but you run the actual game through ASR. So CR is not doing the anti-blacklisting it's ASR that is.

Perhaps running CureROM all by itself fixed some 'broken' Registry entries you might have had? This seems to me the only reason to run CR then. And maybe you don't need to run CR again???

Comment

CureROM Lite Beta 2 and CureROM 2.0.2 works just fine here with Hitman, so it should work for you guys, if not, try the tools on the CureROM site.
                            CureROM Support Team

Comment

guys, all you need to do is reinstall daemon tools and use securom loader. My friend had problems like u guys, until he found out he was using an outdated version of daemon tools.

anywayz, out of topic, I have a problem when viewing the cutscenes. All i see is black screen and sound. Can anyone help?

Comment

Try finding and downloading a replacement copy of binkw32.dll and putting it in your Hitman Blood Money directory. The version I have both from HMB and in my Media Player Classic directory is 1.5.21.0 which appears to be the current version (or close to it). It sounds like yours just might be corrupted. Also make sure you don't have any old copies of the file somewhere in your Windows directory, as that might be taking priority over the one in the directory itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X