AntiVirus Expired but new virus definitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AntiVirus Expired but new virus definitions

My antiVirus program(northon) expired and i have to give "some" money for new version because in other way you can't download new definitios..but it's to much money for me so I returned my computers clock 2 years backward and now i can dowload new definitions.. is that okay to do or it's something from what i can get punished ..i'm just curious

Well, let's see, Symantec requires you to pay a fee for continuing to use Norton AV. You're not doing that, but instead you're continuing to use it for free. How would that be legal?

And once again in shorter, simpler and less words: That is illegal.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

i think that the 1 year subscription permit automatic updates, when it finish you can continue using the antivirus, but you can not use the automatic updates function.

I think so, cause you bought and antivirus + 1 year of updates.

You can use the antivirus all the time you want.
      Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

The AV doesn't expire, but the definition updates do. Just go download a free AV like AVG or Avast so you won't be violating the ToS.

Comment

A good one as said Jito463 can be found at free-av site.
          Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

I use NOD32, cost a bit but it finds everything !!!

Very useful AV.
            You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
            sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

I do use Avast and i'm really happy with it... Free and kinda good. (and i runs under x64)
              Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                Well, let's see, Symantec requires you to pay a fee for continuing to use Norton AV. You're not doing that, but instead you're continuing to use it for free. How would that be legal?

And once again in shorter, simpler and less words: That is illegal.
                so..It's better not to do this if i have other free antiviruses... maybe this one is better than other, I mean better than free antivirus (because I'm "paying" for that ) and I just want to feel safe.. !?

Comment

you can download norton antivirus 2005 special edition completely free and legally through google. You get 6 months of free updates.

Last edited by estimablesir; 08.06.2006, 03:41.

Comment

Umm, Ghost isn't an Anti-Virus....

Norton Ghost 10

*EDIT*
                    I see, you meant to type Norton Anti-Virus, but mistyped Ghost. Though it's an older version (2005), it will probably serve his purposes for now.
                    Last edited by Jito463; 08.06.2006, 02:00.

Comment

lol, wow i didn't even notice that I typed ghost instead of antivirus. I think it's because I was just having a conversation with someone about the differences between acronis true image and ghost.

Comment

Oh, nice link estimablesir!
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                        X