Virtual Pool 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Pool 3

Hi, I got this game the other day, and can NOT seem to make a working image or CD backup of it. I tried Alcohol 52%, CCD (my BlindWrite trial has expired), and Nero but it refuses to start up with anything except the original CD.

The DB seems to say it is SafeDisc 1.5, which is apparently easy to copy, but I can't.

Has anyone else copied this? Any pointers?

What errors do you get, how did you create your image (Which settings)?
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I get no errors when I run the app. It just ends.

I scanned it again with A-Ray, and I actually got SecuROM 5.03.03.0001

I at first tried the SafeDisc 1 mode on Alc 52% but it didn't work, then I tried 2 and it didn't create a useable image. I tried CCD which pretty much has only one setting... no good either.

Comment

Does it work with the original CD?
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Yep, perfectly. With the image, though, I watch the task in Process Explorer, it sits there for 10 seconds and then quits.

Comment

You need to recreate your image using the SecuROM *New (4.x/5.x) profile in Alcohol.

Comment

Re: re-read the disc

Originally Posted by Jito463
              You need to recreate your image using the SecuROM *New (4.x/5.x) profile in Alcohol.
              In case you're wondering the why: because subcodes or DPM is needed(can't remember which in that SecuROM version) and is not recorded into the image file with the SafeDisc settings.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I got it. I did as mentioned above, with SecuROM new, and was really careful about the load on the machine... I guess it's quite timing sensitive...

Thanks for your help.

Now I would like to know if DT Pro will do it, or do I need to get Alc52% too?

Comment

With DT Pro, you'll be able to create images from your original CDs/DVDs, yes.
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Great. I bought it way back, I was hoping I didn't need to buy Alc 52% also. I've tried the demos on a couple of different machines, I really like them but... only so much cash at hand. The demos keep expiring before DTPro comes out though. How inconsiderate!

Comment

Working...
                    X