Rise And Fall: CaW - Starforce 3.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok then, thank you.
    i just hope the DT crew get something worked out. coz they are really good and i hope it continues like this.
    and thanks for the amazing forum and freeware

Comment

Just wondering if there has been any updates as to getting this working or not.

I bought this game today (at a sale for $45NZ) and would very much like to be able to use a backup rather than the real DVD...

Comment

Update:

I have it working using Daemon Tools 4.08HE and have patched the game to v1.5..

I just made an image using Alcohol 120% then mounted it in DT and it works perfectly

Comment

yes. it should work fine (since V4.06 ) - but saw your post
          too late

Comment

Originally Posted by NZ_Wanderer View Post
            Update:
            I have it working using Daemon Tools 4.08HE and have patched the game to v1.5..
            I just made an image using Alcohol 120% then mounted it in DT and it works perfectly
            Hi NZ_Wanderer,
            Could you please let me know how you created the image using Alcohol120%? or would be better if you could write down the steps u took to create the image and then mount it later. I was trying with alcohol, but when I click on Image Burn wizard -> Next, everything (CD/DVD Recorder, Write speed, Write method) is greyed out, not sure if I have to change any of the default settings.
            Any help is highly appreciated.

Comment

Here ya go - hope it helps...

1) Insert DVD and click exit instead of install
              2) Load Alcohol 120%
              3) Click image making wizard
              4) Tick Data Position Measurement and make sure it is on HIGH (leave all other settings alone)
              5) Click NEXT
              6) Pick where you want the image to go
              7) click START
              8) when asked for measuring speed choose something real low (I used 2x)

That's all I did to make the image...

You said you click on "image Burn Wizard"
              You don't need to burn the image, just mount it in Daemon Tools..

Hope this helps...

Originally Posted by rajbits View Post
              Hi NZ_Wanderer,
              Could you please let me know how you created the image using Alcohol120%? or would be better if you could write down the steps u took to create the image and then mount it later. I was trying with alcohol, but when I click on Image Burn wizard -> Next, everything (CD/DVD Recorder, Write speed, Write method) is greyed out, not sure if I have to change any of the default settings.
              Any help is highly appreciated.

Comment

Hi NZ_Wanderer,

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I followed these steps and was able to create an image(using 2x writing speed and with Data position measurement set to High). The image had the following files:

RISE_N_FALL.mdf 4,505,920 kb
                RISE_N_FALL.mds 39 kb

I mounted this through Deamon tools, I didn't get the Install window by default, i opened up explorer and clicked on Autorun.exe, and finally installed the game. This time (as it did before), it said "To launch the application, additional libraries need to be installed, do you want to install them now?", I selected 'Yes' and unlike previous times, it didn't ask for rebooting the computer. It went to "Checking disc" mode immediately after that. Finally came back with the same message(which I didnt want to see) "Failed ....Insert a licensed cd". Not sure if i missed anything.

thanks in advance for ur help.

Originally Posted by NZ_Wanderer View Post
                Here ya go - hope it helps...
                1) Insert DVD and click exit instead of install
                2) Load Alcohol 120%
                3) Click image making wizard
                4) Tick Data Position Measurement and make sure it is on HIGH (leave all other settings alone)
                5) Click NEXT
                6) Pick where you want the image to go
                7) click START
                8) when asked for measuring speed choose something real low (I used 2x)
                That's all I did to make the image...
                You said you click on "image Burn Wizard"
                You don't need to burn the image, just mount it in Daemon Tools..
                Hope this helps...

Comment

Hmmm, I don't get those file sizes..
                  looking at file sizes in Windows Explorer it tells me:
                  RISE_N_FALL.mdf 4,403,520 kb
                  RISE_N_FALL.mds 38 kb
                  looking at file sizes in Total Commander it tells me:
                  RISE_N_FALL.mdf 4,300,300 kb
                  RISE_N_FALL.mds 37.8 kb

Mind you, I dunno how important that is

Have you tried unmounting the image, rebooting the computer, and then mounting the image again?
                  As soon as I mount the image in my 2 computers up pops the "install/play game" screen

Also, you probably already done this, but it doesn't hurt to make sure, right click on the Daemon tools icon on your task bar, go upto "emulation", and make sure all the 4 protections are ticked...

One other thing you could try, take the original DVD around to a friends place and try making an image using their computer, maybe, just maybe your DVD reader/writer isn't capable of making the image correctly..

One other thing, what version of Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% are you using?
                  I'm using Daemon tools 4.08HE
                  and Alcohol 120% 1.9.6 (Build 4629) (not the latest version which is Build 4719, but why goto something new when the old one works perfectly (you know the old saying: If it aint broke why fix it) )

Apart from that I am stumped as to why it isn't working.

Hi NZ_Wanderer,
                  The image had the following files:
                  RISE_N_FALL.mdf 4,505,920 kb
                  RISE_N_FALL.mds 39 kb

"Failed ....Insert a licensed cd". Not sure if i missed anything.
                  thanks in advance for ur help.
                  Last edited by NZ_Wanderer; 24.01.2007, 01:38. Reason: Fix spelling mistakes :)

Comment

I didn't have emulation flags/protection set to 'on'. And I have the latest build from alcohol(4719), only thing that is suspicious is the file sizes. Would give it a try couple of times, and let u know if I am luckly enough

thanks again for all ur help.

Comment

The emulation options are only for physical backups. They're not needed for images in the virtual drives.

Comment

Ohh I stand corrected, I have always had them turned on cause I thought they were needed with any protected image etc..
                        Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                        The emulation options are only for physical backups. They're not needed for images in the virtual drives.

Comment

Ok, another silly question for you...

What type of CPU do you have...

Reason for asking, is that I encouraged a friend to go and buy Rise and Fall since I got mine working under Daemon.
                          He did and bought his computer and the game around to my place last night.
                          Imagine my suprise when after making an image from his game and installing it on his computer for him I got the same "insert disk etc" starforce message you have been getting.
                          I finally got it to work using Daemon by completly disconnecting his CD/DVD drive from his computer.
                          The only difference between his computer and mine is that he has an Intel and I have AMD.
                          After running the game on his computer and doing the update on the game, I reconnected his CD/DVD drive and promptly got the "insert Disk" Starforce message again..
                          So I gave him an old usb external case I had lying around and told him to put his CD/DVD drive in that and unplug it when he wanted to play Rise and Fall.

I didn't have emulation flags/protection set to 'on'. And I have the latest build from alcohol(4719), only thing that is suspicious is the file sizes. Would give it a try couple of times, and let u know if I am luckly enough
                          thanks again for all ur help.

Comment

CPU has nothing to do with it, however the NForce chipset has been known to play havoc with some copy protections, causing them to be ineffective in blacklisting virtual drives.

Comment

Well I did say it was a silly question
                              I only mentioned it because the problem occured on my friends Intel, whereas it hasn't occurred on my AMD's, so I figured there was no harm in mentioning it just incase there was something to it

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                              CPU has nothing to do with it, however the NForce chipset has been known to play havoc with some copy protections, causing them to be ineffective in blacklisting virtual drives.

Comment

Rise And Fall

Hmm....
                                So you want to run rise and fall without the cd.

First of all here's my system:

RS485M-N motherboard using builtin ATI X200 graphics (126mg)
                                AMD 4200+ Dual core 2.2Gig
                                2gig ram
                                1x LG DVD-Ram Drive
                                1x BendQ DVD Lightsribe Drive
                                Dual Boot (XP Home SP2, Vista Ultimate)

For this game:
                                Xp
                                Daemon Tools 4.10.0215
                                Alcohol 120% 1.9.6.5429

Instructions are the same as in previous posts.

Run Image Wizard
                                Select RMPS High all other selections are off.
                                Select 2x speed when asked.
                                Make Image

Now here's the tricky part.

If you have installed R&F uninstall it. Remove any registy entries that piont to R&F and starfaorce. (I use regorganizer 4.0 for this. Just do a search for those entries and delete.) if possible and delete the game directory.

Mount your image file under Daemon. You should get your install screen. Install R&F and insert the other cd's when prompted. After installation run the game. It will say checking disk (Yes leave your image mounted). It will then ask you to install additional librailies. Click yes.

The game ran fine even after updating to 1.15.

TheGameKing

Comment

Working...
                                X