Rise And Fall: CaW - Starforce 3.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise And Fall: CaW - Starforce 3.7

I have problems with this game.The way i used for POP T2T and Toca 3 ( nforce 4 MB + sata harddrives + disable pata controller , mount and play ) is not working anymore.The starforce version is 3.7.16.4. I noticed that the message displayed by starforce is always "Failed to identify the disc".This message is displayed even if the controller is not disabled.The previous starforce versions gave message "Insert disc in other drive" right after double clicking on the game .exe file in this case and the mounted image was not even checked.Now with this version it looks like the mounted image is always checked ( no matter if there is real drives connected to the system or not ).I am not sure what exactly is the reason for that but i have some ideas:

1. Wrong DPM info ( bad .mds fle ).Possible but not very likely.I used the same hardware ( NEC 3540 ) and software ( Latest alcohol ) and settings ( dpm high and low extraction speed ) that worked fine for POP T2T and TOCA 3.

2. Some new kind of blacklisting that prevents alcohol and daemon tools 4.0.3 ( i tried with both of them ) to emulate correctly the disc topology.

I can't test with unplugging of the optical drives now so if somebody can make this test please tell us if it is working.If anyone managed to make working backup of this game please tell me how you managed to do that.

Update: I made a little research and i see that with the latest versions of starforce neither alcohol 120% nor Daemon Tools 4.0.3 virtual drive is able to cheat the protection.

I hope that you boys developing daemon tools will release new version ( No matter pro or not ) that will fix this.

Comment

If it's a DVD, try a higher DPM extraction speed. Many users reported that as opposed to CD, where low DPM extraction speeds yield better results, you'll get more accurate results of a DVD topology if you choose a higher DPM extration speed.

Apart from that it was to be expected that the nVIDIA hole in StarForce would be fixed soon, so it's not surprising that just disabling the IDE controller may not be working anymore. I don't have the game nor an nVIDIDA motherboard, so unfortunately I cannot try it myself.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I made new image with DPM extraction speed set to highest possible.It is better than the previous image.I opened the .mds file with MDS Viewer and the curve is perfect but no luck.Disconnectiong the real drives doesn't help also.It looks like both alcohol and daemon tools latest versions are blacklisted or in some other way screwed by this new starforce version.The problem is for many people not only for me so i hope a new version of daemon tools will be released soon to fix the problem.

Comment

i've exactly the same problem with Rise & Fall, i'm 100% sure that the latest Alcohol 120% and DT 4.03 is blacklisted by the new Starforce version

Comment

Have u tried curerom on it ?

Comment

CureROM is for Safedisk and Securom it is not working on starforce.

Comment

Originally Posted by nick01
                Curerom is for Securom and Safedisc, but Rise & Fall is Starforce

Comment

Originally Posted by nick01
                  That should not work, because CureROM is made for SecuROM and Safedisk protection and not fpr StarForce.
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Read somewhere that a patcher is exist and patch your mdf/mds image according to media type (DVD+RW). I don't have the game so not sure about that.
                    Boycott Starforce

Comment

Thats only for CD, not for DVD.
                      CureROM Support Team

Comment

Ya I slightly wrong. Patcher is for cd only not for dvd but there is way to burn the image into a specific DVD+RW media. Use google and u will find it easily.
                        Boycott Starforce

Comment

Yes i know about this trick with certain DVD+RW medias.I will try this.

Comment

Any luck with this im expriencing the same problem... lots of solution out

Tried all the solutions one such solution was from a intalian group itwins?

They said record the game to disc at slow speeds using one of the listed Mediacode DVDRW i have one of those DVDRW discs they listed tried it and still nothing.

I think the new drivers scan to see if theres a virtual drive attached? i mite be wrong but im at a dead end now have no other solution?

Any advice....

Comment

Does anybody know if the new DT Pro will be able to bypass it?

Comment

Working...
                              X