How do I install Securom loader or YASU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I install Securom loader or YASU

how do I instal/ use securom loader 1.2?

There is no need to install it. Just donwload it (--> download section->3rd party for v4) and extract it. Then start the asr.exe and choose the executable of the securom 7 protected game which you want to start/play.
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

can't get it workin' with securom loader 1.2

i can't get it working with securom loader 1.2 how do i do?

"There is no need to install it. Just donwload it (--> download section->3rd party for v4) and extract it. Then start the asr.exe and choose the executable of the securom 7 protected game which you want to start/play." i have tried that but it still says "no disc inserted" or " wrong disc inserted" shall i install it with the securom loader or do it after i have installed it? and shall i mount the game image file while i use the loader?
      sorry for my noob-ness but i'll be happy for an answer!
      thanks.

Comment

You don't install it. You just need to extract it somewhere on you hard drive, your desktop for example.
        Before using it, you'll have to mount the image of the game you wanna play, cancel everything that pops up, and then doubleclick on asr.
        Now you have to choose an executable. Choose the one used to start the game, in the folder where you installed the game ( This is usualy "c:\program files\name of the game". This information is available when you right click on a game's icon, under proprieties.)
        Carpe diem

Comment

With more recent Securom versions it also helps to rename the executable file from "asr.exe" to a random name (e.g. "thisisareallyrandomname.exe").

Comment

no hope

unfortunatly secrom has changed the way their program works. the latest version of the loader will be of no help. have that problem with hitman blood money. theres nothing we can do i dont think, until deamon tools updates it, or a newer version of secrom loader comes out.

Comment

Problem in using secrom 1.2

Sorry to bother you with these nooby questions but i have a doubt.
              I open the imagem of the game i want to play with daemon tools, then i execute ars.exe, i choose the game icon in his directory and it appears this message : "A security module required can't be activated. This program can't be executed(12005)".
              What can i do ?

Tnx for your attention

Comment

SecuRom loader is outdated, use YASU instead.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

If I want to start the game I get following mesage:
                  "The indicated equipment, and/or the path or the file cannot be accessed. You order possibly not over sufficiently authorization, in order to be able to access the element."

Can you help me please?

Sorry if its bad english, I'm from Germany and don't have enough nerves to translate it perfectly.

Comment

Yasu 1.4

I ran a YASU exe file by the viruscan web site, and three of the programs showed some sort of trojan within the EXE file. Anybody else with this problem?

Comment

YASU.exe from yasu.copybase.org is fine, no virus inside.
                      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

false positive most likely, it uses the madchook system if i remember right, which some anti virus programs mark as suspicious / sinister (because it applies api hooks - via the detour system) into the process... which can be considered viral, but for yasu, its not viral, its part of its 'inner workings'
                        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

help

Originally Posted by AnalCobra View Post
                          There is no need to install it. Just donwload it (--> download section->3rd party for v4) and extract it. Then start the asr.exe and choose the executable of the securom 7 protected game which you want to start/play.
                          I can find were I can dowload secure loader?! please help

Comment

Securom Loader is outdated.
                            Which app/game gives you trouble ?
                            What kind of virtual drive do you use (DT/SCSI/IDE) ?
                            Which error message do you get ?
                            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                            X