Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Problem while installing DAEMON

Default Problem while installing DAEMON

OK so today suddenly I saw that DAEMON isn't working anymore for some reason. Anyway, I uninstalled it by deleting the file from system32\drivers because the original uninstall didn't work.

Now I'm trying to install. I click on "I Agree", then I'm asked about kernel debugger, and continue the setup. BUT then, it tells me that I have to restart my computer, and then the setyup will continue. After the restart, the setup starts from the beginning and doing the same ... restart and restart and restart.

What can I do ?
    Thanks ...

Which OS do you use?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Default 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Copytrooper
    Which OS do you use?
    64 bit ...

Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum then (as you were actually supposed to do before posting ).

Default I already checked

Quote Originally Posted by Copytrooper
    Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum then (as you were actually supposed to do before posting ).
    didn't help me. Any other solution ? or maybe you have the post with the solution for me ?

Experienced User

You tried to uninstall patch KB914784?

Default Common Problems and Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by tomnisani
    didn't help me. Any other solution ? or maybe you have the post with the solution for me ?
    What post did you read in the Common Problems and Solutions forum? You mentioned "didn't help me" but you didn't refer to what help you got or what steps you took that did not get a good result in the end.

Copytrooper was talking about the post called "After Update of XP x64 Edition Daemon Tools does not work anymore "
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

New User

I've been having the same problem. Daemon Tools stopped working which I now know is because of the XP patch, but at the time I figured maybe some other stuff I'd been doing at the time had shafted the installation. I tried to uninstall but it said it couldn't find the program so, somewhat foolishly perhaps, I just deleted all the files.

Then I downloaded the latest 64 bit installer and I have the same problem as the OP. Installer reboots the machine, then upon Windows restarting, the installer loads from the start of the processes, asking to reboot, and on and on. Is this related to the XP kernal patch issue? Or is it something to do with the installer?

Yes, that is also related to the problematic Windows update.

Quote Originally Posted by Semp
    I've been having the same problem. Daemon Tools stopped working which I now know is because of the XP patch, but at the time I figured maybe some other stuff I'd been doing at the time had shafted the installation. I tried to uninstall but it said it couldn't find the program so, somewhat foolishly perhaps, I just deleted all the files.

Then I downloaded the latest 64 bit installer and I have the same problem as the OP. Installer reboots the machine, then upon Windows restarting, the installer loads from the start of the processes, asking to reboot, and on and on. Is this related to the XP kernal patch issue? Or is it something to do with the installer?
    I have the same problem! I have uninstalled the problematic Windows patch (KB914784) but I still can't install the application. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast