Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't start the machine in safe mode

Hello All,

Thanks for all the help. I have the same problem in the original post. Don't remember the exact version but think I have DT 3.38. It was working fine and to my knowledge didn't install anything; no games and didn't even mount any images. All of a sudden, my machine is in an endless reboot loop.

Tried ESC at sptd.sys in safe mode, and renaming sptd.sys, sptd3389.sys and dtscsi.sys, but seems to fix the problem. I have no idea what I can do. I badly wanna avoid reinstalling windows as I have to reinstall a lot of other software, and it is a pain to get back to the same setup. I don't really need DT to work either; all I am trying to do is to get my machine to boot with everything else sans DT.

Have ASUS A8N32-SLI, AMD64x2, SATA HDD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Senthil

If you've renamed those files and they're not loading, then they're not the source of your problem. Can you boot to Safe Mode? If so, check C:\Windows\minidump and find the latest file (they're named by date) and either send it to me (Jito463 at gmail dot com - parsed for spambots) or support@daemon-tools.cc.
    Last edited by Jito463; 26.06.2006, 15:22.

Comment

Nope, I can't start the machine in safe mode either even after renaming the files. Not sure whether I can do anything else. Am trying to avoid reinstalling windows.

Thanks,
      Senthil

Comment

Oops, didn't read the title, lol. Do you have access to another machine? You could try pulling the HDD out (assuming that won't void your warranty on the PC) and hook it up to another computer.

Comment

Working...
        X