Devil May Cry x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil May Cry x64

I got my hands on Devil May cry 3 (a ps2 port to pc) and i'm running x64, and i go to install it and it installs 4 quick files then says it's done, and i checked the install directory and it only installed 8 mb worth of data, the publisher Ubisoft has a lot of explaining to do, x64 is not as much of a minority anymore, more and more people have it nowadays, also blazing angels: squadrons of ww2 had a different problem where it installed fine but then the campaign didnt work in the game, just a warning to anyone thinking of buying this game and you don't want to go back to x86 windows xp
    we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Set the Setup.exe on the DVD to Windows XP Mode and it should install fine. After "Full" Install dont forget to set Win XP mode to the Game.exe.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Ubisoft could care less about x64 users. That was made abundantly clear in the way they handled Silent Hunter 3 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and their unwillingness to update the copy protection to the x64 compatible version (demos of the games played flawlessly, just the games wouldn't because of the CP). I wouldn't recommend wasting too much time with them. They just don't get it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
        Ubisoft could care less about x64 users. That was made abundantly clear in the way they handled Silent Hunter 3 and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and their unwillingness to update the copy protection to the x64 compatible version (demos of the games played flawlessly, just the games wouldn't because of the CP). I wouldn't recommend wasting too much time with them. They just don't get it.
        you couldn't be more right
        we used to eat food but millionaire scientists got together & wanted us to eat a bunch of chemicals

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
          Set the Setup.exe on the DVD to Windows XP Mode and it should install fine. After "Full" Install dont forget to set Win XP mode to the Game.exe.
          thanks very much, worked successfully!

Comment

damn, thanks for this post. i spent like 15 minutes researching this and looking at the .ini - didn't even notice the folder has 8mb of data total

Comment

maybe someone knows of any other games that have errors under x64?

Comment

Originally Posted by rjcali View Post
                maybe someone knows of any other games that have errors under x64?
                Guitar Hero III wont install at all, there is a fix, will post later today or tomorrow
                Guitar Hero Aerosmith installs but wont start career mode
                Vampires the Mascarade - Bloodlines same fix as guitar hero III
                and last of all Devil May Cry 4. When I start the game it gives this error.

can any1 help me with this?

Comment

Go to Display properties -> Advanced -> Monitor, select another refresh rate and try again
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Here is short explanation I promised..

1) Extract everything from Original Disk to one folder on HDD
                    2) Install Orca 3.1 - It's .msi editing tool
                    3) Start Orca and open game+name.msi file
                    4) In left menu find "Launch Conditions" and click one time - you'll get some text in right tab
                    5) Change part under conditions. It should be (Not Version9X=400) And (Not Version9X=410) And (Not Version9X=490)", without the quote's.
                    6) Save the change
                    7) Install the game from the folder on your HDD in which you have made this change.

It should work.

I'm not sure if I may do this, but moderators will correct me if I'm wrong. Here is the download link for Orca MSI 3.1

Orca 3.1> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Authori...ors/Orca.shtml

@Terramex, I will try that and report the result later...
                    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 19.11.2008, 20:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X